[cl-debian] dh-lisp gains support for ECL

René van Bevern rvb at negoyl.progn.org
Mon Mar 6 11:09:12 UTC 2006

Peter Van Eynde <cl-debian at pvaneynd.mailworks.org> writes:

Hi Peter,

first: nice to hear that CLC-integration of ECL is progressing. :-)

> I assume there is a stronger connection between a ecl-generated
> program and the ecl version as a whole then what you would expect
> from the library alone.
>
> So does it make sense to have a separate libecl package?

I really don't have deep knowledge of ECL's internals, sorry. That's
why I have written the preliminary code for ECL-dependency handling in
dh-lisp.

libecl.so differs from "normal" libraries in at least the thing that
it does not provide a SONAME (which might already make the shlibs
system awkward to use in this case). I also don't know if ECL
generated programs need only libecl or more.

	René