[cl-debian] dh-lisp gains support for ECL

Peter Van Eynde cl-debian at pvaneynd.mailworks.org
Mon Mar 6 09:42:26 UTC 2006

On Sunday 05 March 2006 12:14, René van Bevern wrote:
> [another improvement to the already pretty impressive dh-lisp package]

> commented out, because there is (should be) a better way to handle it:
> each ECL binary links with libecl.so, so the ecl package -- once it
> comes into Debian -- should bring a shlibs description and dh_shlibdeps
> should better solve this dependency. In case somebody proves me wrong
> and it turns out that shlibs don't work well in this case, I can just
> uncomment this code. ;-)

This is still an open issue for the ecl port, which started working last
Friday (it installs and creates a clc v5 aware ecl binary just fine). The
libecl.so file is not a 'library' in a traditional sense in that it publishes
an API that C programs can use. I assume there is a stronger connection
between a ecl-generated program and the ecl version as a whole then what you
would expect from the library alone.

So does it make sense to have a separate libecl package?

Groetjes, Peter

--
signature -at- pvaneynd.mailworks.org
http://www.livejournal.com/users/pvaneynd/