[asdf-devel] New ASDF maintainer sought

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 17:41:43 UTC 2010

Dear all,

I hope that 2.008 will be my last ASDF release. I may still make
emergency bug fixes (if any is needed), or merge patches sent to me,
but I don't intend to actively develop ASDF anymore. I feel it has
reached the point where I wanted it to be, although it took much more
efforts than I feared. Just look at the git log to see how hard it
was, and read my and Robert's paper for ILC'2010 to get an idea why we
did things that way.
   http://common-lisp.net/project/asdf/ilc2010draft.pdf

And so, ASDF is looking for a new active maintainer. To volunteer,
just start hacking on your own repo, and I'll hand you the keys after
I merge your first commit.

I intend to focus on XCVB, and its dependencies, cl-iolib and
libfixposix. If ASDF moves towards more declarative .asd files, XCVB
will certainly try to be compatible.

[...] there is what I call  the "roundtrip fallacy": it is a mistake to use,
as journalists and some economists do, statistics without logic but the reverse
does not hold:  It is not a mistake to use logic without statistics.
        — N. C. Taleb, Fooled by Randomness, 2004.