Parent Directory | Revision Log
|Links to HEAD:||(view) (annotate)|
* swank-loader.lisp (init): Add a :quiet argument.
* swank-loader.lisp (lisp-version-string): Add "s" to Allegro with SMP support. Patch by Dave Cooper.
* swank-loader.lisp (lisp-version-string): Append -no-threads to SBCL without threads.
* swank-loader.lisp (delete-stale-contrib-fasl-files): New. (compile-contribs): Use it.
* swank.lisp (create-repl): Moved to contrib/swank-repl.lisp. (*use-dedicated-output-stream*, *dedicated-output-stream-port* (*dedicated-output-stream-buffering*, open-streams) (make-output-function, send-user-output) (make-output-function-for-target, make-output-stream-for-target) (open-dedicated-output-stream, find-repl-thread) (spawn-repl-thread, repl-loop, initialize-streams-for-connection) (read-user-input-from-emacs, *listener-eval-function*) (listener-eval, *send-repl-results-function*, repl-eval) (clear-repl-variables, track-package, send-repl-results-to-emacs) (redirect-trace-output); * swank-loader.lisp (*contribs*): Add swank-repl.
* swank-loader.lisp (*contribs*): Add swank-mrepl.
* swank-loader.lisp (*contribs*): Add swank-util.
* swank-loader.lisp: ASDF free again. And proud of it! (default-fasl-dir, load-swank): Remove asdf stuff.
* swank-loader.lisp (*architecture-features*): Add :arm for CCL ARM port.
* swank-loader.lisp (default-fasl-dir): Guard against using :asdf package if it doesn't exist. Patch by Anton Vodonosov.
Better integration with ASDF.
* swank-loader.lisp (*architecture-features*): ECL uses :x86_64.
* swank-loader.lisp (*architecture-features*): Add Java platforms as features for ABCL.
Compile swank-sbcl-exts only for SBCL. * swank-loader.lisp (*contribs*): Add #+sbcl.
* swank-loader.lisp (ecl-version-string): Check length of the result of ext:lisp-implementation-vcs-id before doing subseq. On CVS it returns "unknown".
* swank-loader.lisp (ecl-version-string): In #+(or) (progn #+#.(cl:print cl:nil) 1) PRINT does run on SBCL, which breaks #+#.(cl:if (cl:find-symbol "SYMBOL" :ext) ...) here, guard it with (find-package :ext) until further investigations.
* swank-loader.lisp (lisp-version-string): Add git-commit ids for ECL because individual commits do not guarantee fasl compatibility.
* swank-loader.lisp (*architecture-features*): Add :PENTIUM3 and :PENTIUM4; they're used by ECL. (handle-swank-load-error): Renamed from HANDLE-LOADTIME-ERROR. Use *FASL-DIRECTORY* rather than (DEFAULT-FASL-DIR). Parametrize context to differentiate b/w compilation/loading. (compile-files): Adapted accordingly. Also make sure that an error is signaled in case COMPILE-FILE returns NIL as primary result.
* swank-loader.lisp: Compile files on ECL, too.
New swank-rpc package Use swank-rpc in swank package.
Refactorizing RPC layer into new module.
* slime.el (slime-documentation-lookup-function): New hook, defaults to `slime-hyperspec-lookup'. (slime-documentation-lookup): Invoke hook. (slime-prefix-bindings): Bind `C-c C-d h' to it. * slime-hyperdoc.el, swank-hyperdoc.lisp: New contrib.
* slime.el (slime-inside-string-p, slime-inside-comment-p) (slime-inside-string-or-comment-p): New. * swank-match.lisp: New file. Contains very simple pattern matcher from the CMU AI archive. * swank-loader.lisp: Compile swank-match.lisp. * swank.lisp: Make SWANK package use new SWANK-MATCH package. * slime-autodoc.el, swank-arglists.lisp: Large parts were rewritten. Autodoc is now able to highlight &key parameters, and parameters in nested arglists. * slime-parse.el, slime-c-p-c.el, slime-highlighting-edits.el: Adapted to changes.
* swank-loader.lisp (setup): Use EXT:PROBE-DIRECTORY on Clisp, because PROBE-FILE doesn't want to work on directories. Patch by Dirk Sondermann.
* test.sh: Don't copy contribs. Slime should work without them. * swank-loader.lisp (setup): Compile contribs only if directory exists.
* swank-loader.lisp (lisp-version-string): Include "-ics" for version with extended charsets. Suggested by Scott L. Burson.
* swank-ccl.lisp: New file. An updated version of swank-openmcl.lisp in preparation for a slew of changes to CCL and to honor the new name. * swank-loader.lisp (*sysdep-files*): Use it. By Gail Zacharias <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Some updates for the manual
* swank-loader.lisp (*contribs*): Add `swank-sbcl-exts'.
* swank-loader.lisp (dump-image): Move this function to the end of the file to stop SBCL from reporting two times the same false alarm.
Add a dump-image function to the loader. * swank-loader.lisp (dump-image): New. * swank-backend.lisp (save-image): New interface. * swank-cmucl.lisp, swank-clisp.lisp, swank-sbcl.lisp (save-image): Implemented.
* swank-loader.lisp (*contribs*): Added `swank-package-fu'.
Include swank-source-path-parser and swank-source-file-cache for ECL
* swank-loader.lisp (load-swank): Call swank::before-init. * swank.lisp (before-init): New function. (init): Renamed from setup.
Make it easier to prepare core-files. * swank-loader.lisp (init): Two new keyword args: :SETUP and :LOAD-CONTRIBS. :SETUP=nil can be used to suppress init hooks and loading user init files. * swank.asd: Call swank-loader:init with :SETUP=nil. * swank.lisp (init-global-stream-redirection): Guard against redirecting already redirected streams.
Emit a warning if the SWANK package already exists. * swank-loader.lisp (init): Issue a warning when SWANK will not be reloaded.
*** empty log message ***
*** empty log message ***
Split loading and initialization (again). * swank-loader.lisp (init): New. Delete old packages only if explicitly requested. Also, if the swank package already exists don't load swank again. (setup): New function. * swank.lisp (setup): New function. Moved over here from swank-loader.lisp. * slime.el (slime-init-command): Call swank-loader:init. In the REPL, mark the trailing newline also as input. * slime.el (slime-repl-send-input): Mark the newline with the 'slime-repl-old-input property. (slime-repl-grab-old-input): Strip the newline.
*** empty log message ***
*** empty log message ***
Drop remaining dependencies on nregex. * swank-lispworks.lisp (unmangle-unfun): Use sys::setf-symbol-p instead of regexp matching. * swank-loader.lisp (*sysdep-files*): Don't include nregex.
* swank-loader.lisp (compile-files-if-needed-serially): Added missing `load' argument to function definition on Corman Lisp / ECL.
Make ASDF:LOAD-OP (and SBCL REQUIRE) happy with swank.asd * swank.asd: Define and use a CL-SCRIPT-FILE class for loading as source, even with ASDF:LOAD-OP.
* swank-loader.lisp: Aways compile-file `contrib/swank-asdf.lisp' on SBCL. This fixes "Undefined function" style-warnings when using `slime-asdf' in combination with SBCL. Reported by Cyrus Harmon. * swank-sbcl.lisp: Explicitly require ASDF. (While this is not strictly necessary, as it's implicitly loaded on requiring the other modules, I think it's better to be explicit about it.)
Move asdf support to contrib. * swank-backend.lisp (operate-on-system): Moved to swank-asdf.lisp. It wasn't specialized in any backend. * swank.lisp (operate-on-system-for-emacs) (list-all-systems-known-to-asdf, list-asdf-systems): Moved to swank-asdf.lisp. * slime.el: Move asdf commands to contrib slime-adsf.el. * swank-loader.lisp: Load swank-asdf if ASDF is in *FEATURES*. Also add the contrib source directory to swank::*load-path*.
Move compound prefix completion and autodoc to contrib. * swank.lisp (simple-completions): Rewritten for simplicity. (operator-arglist): Rewritten for simplicity. * slime.el (slime-complete-symbol-function): Make simple completion the default. (slime-echo-arglist-function, slime-echo-arglist): New hook.
(*contribs*): Add swank-presentations.
(*contribs*): Add swank-presentation-streams.
List swank-fancy-inspector in *contribs*
Merge contrib branch.
Add a contrib directory and move fuzzy completion code to that directory. * contrib: New directory. * swank.lisp (swank-require): New function to load contrib code. (*find-module*, module-filename, *load-path*, merged-directory) (find-module, module-canditates): New. Pathname acrobatics for swank-require. * swank-loader.lisp: Compile (but don't load) contribs. (*contribs*, contrib-source-files): New. * contrib/slime-fuzzy.el: New file. (slime-fuzzy-init): New function. Load CL code on startup. * contrib/swank-fuzzy.lisp: New file. Common Lisp code for fuzzy completion.
* swank-loader.lisp (*sysdep-files*): Load the auxiliary files swank-source-*.lisp before swank-sbcl.lisp to avoid undefined-function style warnings.
(compile-files-if-needed-serially): Don't wrap everything in a compilation unit. If we abort on load errors and it is confusing to see compiler warnings after the abort message. (handle-loadtime-error): CLISP's format implements ~< differently as everybody else, so use a explicit pprint-logical-block instead.
(load-swank): Set the protocol version.
Abort on compile-time or load-time errors. Don't try to load the source-file if COMPILE-FILE's 3rd return value is true (it's true even for warnings). (handle-loadtime-error): New function. Run the after-init-hook.
(lisp-version-string) [allegro]: Distinguish between 32-bit and 64-bit version on the SPARC architecture.
(compile-files-if-needed-serially): Don't ignore compile-time errors but drop into a debugger (it's not a slime debugger but it's certainly better than ignoring the error).
(load-site-init-file, swank-source-files): Fix pathname construction to take all unspecified components from the directory pathname, in particular the drive letter on Windows.
(lisp-version-string): Modified swank-loader so that Allegro's alisp and mlisp programs get different locations. Otherwise mlisp complains about alisp's files.
(default-fasl-directory): Previously we return only the directory-namestring which breaks SCL, because it loses the host and device components. Return the complete pathname instead. Patch by Douglas Crosher.
(Re)Introduce something like a SLIME version and put fasl files for different versions in different directories. A common problem is that newbies download the latest release and discover that it doesn't compile with the brand new CLISP or SBCL; then they download the CVS version but the loader doesn't recompile the needed files because time stamp of the borken fasl files are newer than source files in CVS. (default-fasl-directory): Include the SLIME version. (slime-version-string): New.
Return to the previous loading strategy: load everything when swank-loader is loaded. It's just to convenient to give that up. To customize the fasl directories, the new variable swank-loader:*fasl-directory* can be set before loading swank-loader. * swank-loader.lisp (*fasl-directory*, *source-directory*): New variables. (load-swank): Call it during loading.
(load-swank): New entry point.
Support for Scieneer Common Lisp: o *sysdep-pathnames*: swank-scl. o *implementation-features*: add :scl. o *os-features*: add :hpux. o *architecture-features*: add :amd64, :i686, :i486, :sparc64, :sparc, :hppa64, and :hppa.
(lisp-version-string)[cmu]: Replace spaces with underscores.
Initial port to ECL
(compile-files-if-needed-serially) [corman]: force-output after each file.
Redefine compile-files-if-needed-serially for Corman Lisp to load everything from source.
Add Corman Lisp support.
Added GCL and ECL features to swank-loader.lisp
Added LW features
(unique-directory-name): Rewritten to avoid the rather irritating warning that (warn "Don't know ...") is unreachable.
(*os-features*): Added :mswindows. Thanks Will Glozer.
Updated for swank-source-file-cache.lisp (CMUCL & SBCL)
Changing ERROR to WARN in unique-directory-name.
Adding missing features for unique-directory-name.
Updating feature lists for FASL directory names computing code.
Changing way swank-loader determines where to save fasls.
Look for a file in the same directory as swank-loader.lisp called site-init.lisp. If it exists we load that instead of attempting to load ~/.swank.lisp. (user-init-file): Superseded by load-user-init-file. (load-user-init-file): New function. (load-site-init-file): New function.
(compile-files-if-needed-serially): Reduce verbosity by setting the :print argument for compile-file to nil.
(compile-files-if-needed-serially): Load verbosely.
Don't load swank-gray for abcl.
load "metering.lisp" in openmcl
(make-swank-pathname): Preserve the host component (important for LispWorks on Windows).
(*lisp-name*): Replace / with - in CMUCL version strings.
*** empty log message ***
(*lisp-name*): Include the version number in ACL.
(*lisp-name*): Add version number to Lispwork's fasl directory. We should do this for ACL and OpenMCL too, but for some reason my ACL 5.0 gets an error when trying to create a directory with a version number in its name, and I don't have OpenMCL to test with.
(binary-pathname, user-init-file): Removed Win32 conditionalization. The init file is now called ~/.swank.lisp instead of ~/_swank.lsp.
(binary-pathname): Place fasl files under ~/.slime/fasl/ (or _slime in win32) instead of the SLIME installation directory. The installation directory can now be read-only.
Move readtable-alist initialization to the swank-sbcl.lisp.
Initialize swank::*readtable-alist* for SBCL.
Add ABCL support.
(*lisp-name*): Add versioning support for CLISP.
(*lisp-name*): Include a short version number in the Lisp name to separate FASL files for different versions. Only implemented for CMUCL and SBCL sofar.
Support for regexp based apropos. From Edi Weitz.
Take into account `pathname-device' when deriving paths. A fix for Windows.
Merge package-split branch into main trunk.
Change load order. swank.lisp is now the last file.
Place the fasl files of different implementations in different directories. Patch by Peter Seibel.
Add profiling support via Kantrowitz's metering package. Reporting needs to be refined (profile-package currently ignores callers-p and methods).
Don't reference the swank package at read-time.
(compile-files-if-needed-serially): Don't handle compilation errors. We must compile everything because changelog-date requires *compile-file-truename*.
(user-init-file): Use mergepathame. Fix Windows support. Patch by Ignas Mikalajunas <email@example.com>.
Add files for CLISP.
(user-init-file): Simplify the code.
(user-init-file): Use homedir's truename. Reported by Friedrich Dominicus.
* swank-source-path-parser.lisp: new file, excerpting part of swank-cmucl.lisp to where SBCL can find it as well.
(user-init-file): Translate logical (user-homedir-) pathnames. Reported by Friedrich Dominicus.
*sysdep-pathnames*: Add Lispworks files. (compile-files-if-needed-serially): Compile all files in a compilation unit.
* swank-sbcl.lisp (describe-symbol-for-emacs): Don't ask for (documentation SYM 'class), CLHS says there isn't any 'class documentation (and SBCL warns). * swank.lisp, swank-cmucl.lisp, swank-sbcl.lisp: Refactored interface through swank-backend.lisp for: swank-compile-file, swank-compile-string, describe-symbol-for-emacs (apropos), macroexpand-all, arglist-string. * swank-backend.lisp: New file defining the interface between swank.lisp and the swank-*.lisp implementation files.
Load a the user init file if present. (user-init-file): New function.
Compile and load gray stream stuff for SBCL and OpenMCL.
(compile-files-if-needed-serially): Be a little more verbose when compiling files.
Many fixes for the OpenMCL port: * swank.lisp (apropos-symbols): Change back to using the standard 2-argument APROPOS-LIST and check symbols explicitly when EXTERNAL-ONLY is true. Move loading of sys-dependent backend code into 'swank-loader'. * swank-sbcl.lisp: Moved declarations of *PREVIOUS-COMPILER-CONDITION* into 'swank.lisp' to kill warnings about undefined variables. * swank-openmcl.lisp (handle-compiler-warning): Use source position instead of function name for warning locations. (swank-compile-string): Compile into a temporary file instead of using COMPILE so finding warning positions works when using C-c C-c. (compute-backtrace): Don't display frames without a function. (apropos-list-for-emacs): Implement APROPOS. (who-calls): Implement WHO-CALLS. (completions): Implement COMPLETIONS. Use NIL instead of zero so FRESH-LINE does the right thing. * slime.el (slime-maybe-compile-swank): Removed function---compile the backend using 'swank-loader.lisp' instead. (slime-backend): Changed default backend to 'slime-loader'. (slime-lisp-binary-extension): Deleted as this is no longer needed. * swank-loader.lisp: New file.
This form allows you to request diffs between any two revisions of this file. For each of the two "sides" of the diff, select a symbolic revision name using the selection box, or choose 'Use Text Field' and enter a numeric revision.
|Powered by ViewVC 1.1.5|