Parent Directory | Revision Log
|Links to HEAD:||(view) (annotate)|
|Links to mcvs-1-1-0:||(view) (annotate)|
Revamped loading system. Got rid of require/provide in all Lisp source files. * code/mcvs.lisp: New file. Responsible for compiling and loading everything in the right order. * code/mcvs-main.lisp: File renamed to main.lisp. * code/mcvs-package.lisp: File renamed to package.lisp. * code/system.lisp: File removed.
Merging from mcvs-1-0-branch. * code/mapping.lisp (mapping-read): Provide a restart for file errors, which lets the user interactively substitute an empty map if the file can't be read. This is intended to handle the case when MCVS/MAP is missing; for example, the user updated to a sticky date for which no revision of the MAP exists. The effect of continuing will be that all files will disappear. (mapping-synchronize): New :direction key parameter, passed down to synchronize-filed. The new :no-sync return value from synchronize-files is handled. (mapping-update): Select the :right direction for synchronizing moves, adds or rollbacks. Revamped the synchronization logic. Synchronization now happens in a specific direction. For example, if we are doing a diff, we just need to push changes from the tree to the MCVS directory, not the other way around. Or: before an update or commit, we push from the tree to MCVS, then after the update, in the other direction. * code/update.lisp (mcvs-update): The before update is done in the :left direction only, and the after update in the :right. * code/move.lisp (mcvs-move): The just-in-case sync is done in the :left direction only. * code/link.lisp (mcvs-link): Likewise. * code/remove.lisp (mcvs-remove): Likewise. * code/add.lisp (mcvs-add): Get rid of mapping-synchronize call; it's completely unnecessary, since the new files are not even in the MAP-LOCAL, and the add logic explicitly links them into the MCVS directory. * code/generic.lisp (mcvs-generic): New keyword parameter, need-sync-before. Before-synchronization done in :left direction, after-synchronization in :right direction. Before-synchronization is now not done by default; need-sync-before must be specified. (mcvs-commit-wrapper): Specify before and after sync. (mcvs-diff-wrapper, mcvs-status-wrapper, mcvs-edit-wrapper): Explicitly specify before sync. (mcvs-tag-wrapper, mcvs-annotate-wrapper): Implicitly specify no sync. (mcvs-unedit-wrapper): Add before sync. * code/sync.lisp (synchronize-files): New key parameter :direction, values can be :left, :right or :either. Default is :either. If the value is :left or :right, then a sync is done only in that direction, otherwise the value :no-sync is returned. Behavior change: if the left file is missing (F- file in MCVS directory) it is not re-created, but rather :no-sync is returned. Also, if both files exist, have the same timestamp, and are distinct objects, if the direction is :left or :right, then the appropriate restart is automatically chosen. So this will do the right thing on filesystems where link() is performed by copying, without bothering the user with the error.
* code/mcvs-package.lisp: New file, defines META-CVS package. * code/purge.lisp: Put all symbols in new package. * code/restore.lisp: Likewise. * code/paths.lisp: Likewise. * code/install.sh: Likewise. * code/restart.lisp: Likewise. * code/update.lisp: Likewise. * code/move.lisp: Likewise. * code/grab.lisp: Likewise. * code/unix.lisp: Likewise. * code/slot-refs.lisp: Likewise. * code/prop.lisp: Likewise. * code/multi-hash.lisp: Likewise. * code/rcs-utils.lisp: Likewise. * code/branch.lisp: Likewise. * code/find-bind.lisp: Likewise. * code/execute.lisp: Likewise. * code/link.lisp: Likewise. * code/split.lisp: Likewise. * code/watch.lisp: Likewise. * code/clisp-unix.lisp: Likewise. * code/add.lisp: Likewise. * code/chatter.lisp: Likewise. * code/print.lisp: Likewise. * code/types.lisp: Likewise. * code/remove.lisp: Likewise. * code/convert.lisp: Likewise. * code/error.lisp: Likewise. * code/options.lisp: Likewise. * code/dirwalk.lisp: Likewise. * code/checkout.lisp: Likewise. * code/generic.lisp: Likewise. * code/sync.lisp: Likewise. * code/create.lisp: Likewise. * code/memoize.lisp: Likewise. * code/seqfuncs.lisp: Likewise. * code/cmucl-unix.lisp: Likewise. * code/remap.lisp: Likewise. * code/mapping.lisp: Put symbols in new package. Replace use of CLISP specific substring function with subseq. * code/filt.lisp: Likewise. * code/mcvs-main.lisp: Put symbols in new package. The mcvs function is renamed to main. * code/install.sh: Generate mcvs script that uses qualified name of new startup functiont to start the software.
Merging from mcvs-1-0-branch. * code/mcvs-main.lisp (*usage*): Expand tabs to spaces. * code/add.lisp (*add-help*): Likewise. * code/remove.lisp (*remove-help*): Likewise. * code/create.lisp (*create-help*): Likewise. * code/purge.lisp (mcvs-purge): Get rid the processing of the nonexistent -n option from purge code. The global option -n does an adequate job of implementing a dry run. * code/mapping.lisp (mapping-removed-files): Skip over the MCVS/CVS directory, which can contain CVS-generated files with F- names and a ,t suffix. These trip up the algorithm.
* code/prop.lisp (mcvs-prop): Result of real-to-abstract-path must be canonicalized. * code/remove.lisp (mcvs-remove): Likewise. * code/generic.lisp (mcvs-generic): Likewise.
Error messages no longer specify prefixes like "mcvs:" or "mcvs-remove:". When no restarts are available, the error handler now adds the "mcvs:" prefix when dumping the error text to the standard error stream, and also adds a terminating newline. The inability to write to the MAP file is converted to a more informative error message. New --debug option is supported to set the chatter level to 3.
* code/mcvs-main.lisp (*mcvs-command-table*): Added help for remove. * code/remove.lisp (*remove-help*): New string constant.
Merging symlink-branch to main trunk.
Merging from partial-sandbox-branch.
Grab no longer synchronizes to recreate deleted files immediately before blowing them away. * grab.lisp (mcvs-grab): Specify :no-sync t when calling mcvs-remove. * remove.lisp (mcvs-remove): Support new no-sync keyword. This tells mcvs-remove that the files being removed from the mapping, don't exist in the sandbox. So it's not necessary to call mapping-synchronize, and mapping-update can be told via :no-delete-removed t not to try to remove deleted files. * mapping.lisp (mapping-update): New no-delete-removed keyword parameter.
* remove.lisp (mcvs-remove): Corrected careless bracketing introduced on 2002-03-15 (1.16) that rendered this function ineffective.
* remove.lisp (mcvs-remove): More detailed error checking. Checks for remove attempts against MCVS/ area, removes of local files not versioned under Meta-CVS, and nonexistent files.
* add.lisp (mcvs-add): Error message changed to tell user to use -R to add directory. * remove.lisp (mcvs-remove): New generalized boolean parameter indicates to do a recursive remove. This is controlled by the -R option which already exists. Behavior changed to not act on directories unless recursion is explicitly requested. (mcvs-remove-wrapper): Extract "R" option, pass down new boolean to mcvs-remove.
* remove.lisp (mcvs-remove-wrapper): Remove bogus error check.
* update.lisp (mcvs-update): Changing level of chatter messages. * move.lisp (mcvs-move): Likewise. * add.lisp (mcvs-add): Likewise. * remove.lisp (mcvs-remove): Likewise. * checkout.lisp (mcvs-checkout): Likewise. * generic.lisp (mcvs-generic): Likewise. * import.lisp (mcvs-import): Likewise. * mapping.lisp (mapping-dupe-check): Likewise. (mapping-update): Likewise.
Renamed all ``filemap-'' functions to ``mapping-'' prefix. * mapping.lisp (filemap-generate-name, filemap-sort, filemap-extract-paths, filemap-lookup, filemap-prefix-lookup, filemap-prefix-matches, filemap-object-lookup, filemap-same-object-p, filemap-same-path-p, filemap-moved-p, filemap-rename-files, filemap-sane-p): Old names removed. (mapping-generate-name, mapping-sort, mapping-extract-paths, mapping-lookup, mapping-prefix-lookup, mapping-prefix-matches, mapping-object-lookup, mapping-same-object-p, mapping-same-path-p, mapping-moved-p, mapping-rename-files, mapping-sane-p): New names created. (mapping-read, mapping-write, mapping-synchronize, mapping-update): Edit calls to renamed functions. * add.lisp (mcvs-add): Likewise. * diff.lisp (mcvs-diff): Likewise. * filt.lisp (mcvs-filt): Likewise. * import.lisp (mcvs-import): Likewise. * move.lisp (simple-rename, simple-move-to-dir, move-guts): Likewise. * remove.lisp (mcvs-remove): Likewise.
Factored out repeated code for reading and writing of the MAP and MAP-LOCAL files. * mapping.lisp (mapping-read, mapping-write): New functions. (mapping-synchronize, mapping-update): Use new functions. * move.lisp (mcvs-move): Likewise. * filt.lisp (mcvs-filt): Likewise. * add.lisp (mcvs-add): Likewise. * remove.lisp (mcvs-remove): Likewise. * checkout.lisp (mcvs-checkout): Likewise. * diff.lisp (mcvs-diff): Likewise. * import.lisp (mcvs-import): Likewise.
MCVS is being renamed to Meta-CVS.
First cut at pass-through of CVS options.
Moving closer toward delivery.
A bit of refactoring. Added mcvs-move.
Sort map in mcvs-remove before writing it out. New routines in mapping, in preparation for file deletion.
mcvs-remove: do nothing if no arguments mcvs-update: resynchronize links after CVS update.
Change to some error reporting.
Adding mcvs-remove operation.
This form allows you to request diffs between any two revisions of this file. For each of the two "sides" of the diff, select a symbolic revision name using the selection box, or choose 'Use Text Field' and enter a numeric revision.
|Powered by ViewVC 1.1.5|