Parent Directory | Revision Log
|Links to HEAD:||(view) (annotate)|
|Links to mcvs-1-0-branch~merged-to-HEAD-0:||(view) (annotate)|
* code/unix-bindings/unix.lisp: Get rid of bogus version check which assumes that the version can be read as a floating point number! Rather than rely on the version, check for the specific features.
* docs/Meta-CVS-PAPER.txt: Revising and editing.
* code/convert.lisp (mcvs-convert): Ensure that the converted project has TYPES and .cvsignore files, not just a MAP, and that these have all the branch and version tags. This is important, because users might end up independently adding these on branches and end up with merge problems.
* code/clisp-unix.lisp (current-dir-restore): An inner macro called in-original-dir is now visible to the body enclosed in current-dir-restore. This allows the current directory to be temporarily escaped back to the original directory. * code/convert.lisp (mcvs-convert): Fixed to no longer assume that the target directory is a sibling of the source. The two can be located anywhere. (*convert-help*): Revise text.
* remap.lisp (mcvs-remap): Provide a restart for continuing in the case when an F- file is referenced in the MAP, but no working copy of it exists. By continuing through all these errors, the MAP is cleaned of the nonexistent entries, which provies a way to clean up after the naive ``mcvs convert'' algorithm. * convert.lisp (*convert-help*): Add text recommending the use of ``mcvs remap'' to clean up.
* convert.lisp (mcvs-convert): RCS files that are in an Attic subdirectory in the source CVS project end up in the Attic directory of the target Meta-CVS project. (remove-attic-component): Return second value that indicates whether the Attic component was stripped.
Sort the newly created MAP properly.
Handle "Attic" input in remove-attic-component.
* convert.lisp (mcvs-convert): Skip CVS directories. In the repository, these contain things like watcher and editor lists, which probably should not be be replicated in the Meta-CVS sandbox.
Fixes to convert command to make it useable. * code/posix.lisp (suffix): Return dir name as additional value. (execute-program-xargs): In the case that there are no variable args passed, the fixed trailing args should still be passed to the command. * code/convert.lisp (remove-attic-component): Rewrite with different semantics. (mcvs-convert): Fix path handling bug whereby basenames instead of full paths were written to MAP file. Don't call rcs to make tags when there are none. Extra tracing to tell user what is going on.
Fixes to convert command to make it useable. * code/posix.lisp (suffix): Return dir name as additional value. (execute-program-xargs): In the case that there are no variable args passed, the fixed trailing args should still be passed to the command. * code/convert.lisp (remove-attic-component): Rewrite with different semantics. (mcvs-convert): Fix path handling bug whereby basenames instead of full paths were written to MAP file. Don't call rcs to make tags when there are none. Extra tracing to tell user what is going on.
* code/grab.lisp (mcvs-grab): Bugfixes to repeated grab over partial sandbox: abstract path instead of real path used for reading new symbolic link targets, and execute permissions.
* code/branch.lisp (equal-sticky): Add missing cases for handling the valid tag value NIL.
* code/link.lisp (*link-help*): Grammar fix.
* code/options.lisp (process-cvs-options): Update --version copyright message to 2004.
Parsing directory sticky tag from CVS/Tag requires slightly different logic from the sticky tags in CVS/Entries. CVS/Entries doesn't distinguish branch and version sticky tags. This change gets rid of the incorrect warning about not all files being on the same tag when the working copy is sticky to a version tag. * code/branch.lisp (parse-sticky): Function renamed to parse-dir-sticky. (parse-entries-sticky): New function. (equal-sticky): New function. (read-cvs-entries): Use parse-entries-sticky. (same-tag-check): Use equal-sticky instead of equal. (what-are-we-sticky-to): Use parse-dir-sticky.
* code/grab.lisp (*grab-help*): Spelling error. * code/system.lisp: Require posix module before clisp-unix, which wants it. * code/clisp-unix.lisp: Don't bother requiring posix, since it comes from system. Require "chatter" rather than "chatter.lisp"; this is why were not getting the compiled version of this module into the images. * code/unix-bindings/unix.lisp: If the CLISP version is newer than 2.31 then set the variables ffi::*output-c-functions* and ffi::*output-c-variables* to get the old translator behavior.
* code/mcvs-generic.lisp (mcvs-generic): Removed the default-include-meta-files keyword parameter. (mcvs-tag, mcvs-commit): Remove use of keyword parameter. This fixes the silly behavior of including meta files even when the command line specifies a file list. Also, bugfix: *nometa-option* now works when global-if-empty-file-list is true, and there are no files. * code/update.lisp (mcvs-update): Remove use of keyword parameter in call to mcvs-generic.
Give credit to Walter Pelissero.
* code/mcvs-main.lisp (with-open-file-ignore-errors): New macro. (mcvs-execute): Use new macro to properly handle opening the controlling terminal when there are errors other than the non-existence of the object.
* code/mcvs-main.lisp (mcvs-help): Move some special declarations out of the function to the top level.
* code/filt.lisp (mcvs-filt-loop): Do not filter F- names that are embedded in paths (preceded by a slash). This supersedes the old behavior which was to avoid filtering F- names preceded by "MCVS/".
* code/generic.lisp (mcvs-generic): The after-synchronization was going in both directions rather than just MCVS -> tree.
* code/mcvs-main.lisp (mcvs-execute): If not able to open controlling tty, emit some warning messages that interactive error handling is disabled. This alerts users to problems, like missing /dev directory on Cygwin.
* docs/generate.sh: Use valid shell syntax for identifiers.
* code/mcvs-main.lisp (mcvs-execute): Bugfix: add missing OPEN option to avoid trying to create the controlling terminal device if it does not exist, and yield NIL as expected.
New commands, sync-from-cvs and sync-to-cvs. * code/mcvs-main.lisp (*sync-to-cvs-options*, *sync-from-cvs-options*): New option constants. (*mcvs-command-table*): New entries. (*usage*): New help text. * code/generic.lisp (mcvs-generic): New keyword parameter no-invoke-cvs. (mcvs-sync-to-wrapper, mcvs-sync-from-wrapper): New functions.
Improved error handling again in a flash of sanity. The whole idea of ``bail'' as a restart is gone. All code which must perform some complex cleanup action does so as part of normal unwinding. And so termination becomes safe. * code/update.lisp (mcvs-update): Change bail restart to continue. * code/mcvs-main.lisp (*global-options*): Remove "error-bail". (*usage*): Remove description of --error-bail. (mcvs-execute): Bind *mcvs-error-treatment* to :terminate rather than :bail if controlling TTY cannot be opened. * code/move.lisp (mcvs-move): Change "Undoing move" error message to "Undoing changes to map". * code/add.lisp (mcvs-add): Get rid of bail restart; move cleanup code into unwind-protect block. * code/error.lisp (*mcvs-error-treatment*): Touch up docstring. (mcvs-error-handler): Remove anything having to do with :bail. Change description of `T' command to suggest that it is safe. * code/options.lisp (filter-mcvs-options): Remove handling of "error-bail" option. * code/mapping.lisp (mapping-update): Get rid of outermost restart-case, which had just a bail restart. Replace it with unwind-protect block which does exactly the same restoration.
Improved error handling. Use of tty for user interaction, plus new global option for selecting non-interactive bail behavior. * code/mcvs-main.lisp (*global-options*): add --error-bail option. (*usage*): Describe new option. (mcvs-execute): Dynamically bind *interactive-error-io* variable to a stream formed by opening the controlling tty. Send error message to *error-output* rather than *standard-output*. * code/unix-bindings/unix.lisp (unix-funcs:ctermid): New function, FFI interface to mcvs_ctermid. * code/unix-bindings/wrap.c (mcvs_ctermid): New function. * code/chatter.lisp (chatter): Chatter now goes to *error-output* rather than *standard-output*. * code/error.lisp (*interactive-error-io*): New special variable, holds stream open to controlling tty. (mcvs-terminate): New function. (mcvs-error-handler): Use *interactive-error-io* to print menu and obtain user input. Support the :bail value of *mcvs-error-treatment* Plus some cosmetic changes. * code/options.lisp (filter-mcvs-options): Support --error-bail option. * code/filt.lisp (mcvs-filt-loop): Bugfix, (read-line t ...) should be (read-line *standard-input* ...) because t stands for *terminal-io* rather than *standard-io*, unlike in the format function! * code/rcs-utils.lisp (rcs-read-token): Read from *standard-input* rather than *terminal-io*.
Slightly redesigned error handling protocol. * code/update.lisp (mcvs-update): Change continue restart to bail. * code/add.lisp (mcvs-add): Likewise. * code/error.lisp (mcvs-error-handler): Specially recognize two additional restart symbols, bail and info. A bail restart performs any rolling back and cleanup and terminates. Continuation is now properly reserved for actions that proceed boldly to finish the job, possibly irretrievably clobbering precious data. The info restart is now a standard way to indicate that more details about the error can be obtained, so this does not have to be represented as a special action with an ad-hoc restart. * code/create.lisp (mcvs-create): Change show restart to info. * code/remap.lisp (mcvs-remap): Change ignore restart to continue. * code/mapping.lisp (mapping-update): Change ignore and do-clobber restarts to continue, and print-clobbers restart to info. Change continue restart to bail.
New command, remote-filt. * code/mcvs-main.lisp (*remote-filt-options*): New option constant. (*mcvs-command-table*): Entries for new command added. (*usage*): Help text added. * code/filt.lisp (filt-select-map): New keyword parameter for specifing repository module. CVS up -p or co -p command generated accordingly. Also, little glitch fixed: the local case descends into the MCVS directory, to avoid a warning message that occurs when CVS is used in server mode. (mcvs-filt-loop): New function, contains most of the old mcvs-filt function body. (mcvs-filt): Calls new mcvs-filt-loop to do actual filtering work. (mcvs-remote-filt, mcvs-remote-filt-wrapper): New functions. * code/clisp-unix.lisp (with-input-from-program): Macro changed to include debug tracing of the invoked command.
* code/grab.lisp (read-word-hash): Convert each token to a simple string object. This can save a lot of memory when large numbers of files have to be analyzed.
* code/mapping.lisp (mapping-read): Provide a restart for file errors, which lets the user interactively substitute an empty map if the file can't be read. This is intended to handle the case when MCVS/MAP is missing; for example, the user updated to a sticky date for which no revision of the MAP exists. The effect of continuing will be that all files will disappear.
Revamped the synchronization logic. Synchronization now happens in a specific direction. For example, if we are doing a diff, we just need to push changes from the tree to the MCVS directory, not the other way around. Or: before an update or commit, we push from the tree to MCVS, then after the update, in the other direction. * code/update.lisp (mcvs-update): The before update is done in the :left direction only, and the after update in the :right. * code/move.lisp (mcvs-move): The just-in-case sync is done in the :left direction only. * code/link.lisp (mcvs-link): Likewise. * code/remove.lisp (mcvs-remove): Likewise. * code/add.lisp (mcvs-add): Get rid of mapping-synchronize call; it's completely unnecessary, since the new files are not even in the MAP-LOCAL, and the add logic explicitly links them into the MCVS directory. * code/generic.lisp (mcvs-generic): New keyword parameter, need-sync-before. Before-synchronization done in :left direction, after-synchronization in :right direction. Before-synchronization is now not done by default; need-sync-before must be specified. (mcvs-commit-wrapper): Specify before and after sync. (mcvs-diff-wrapper, mcvs-status-wrapper, mcvs-edit-wrapper): Explicitly specify before sync. (mcvs-tag-wrapper, mcvs-annotate-wrapper): Implicitly specify no sync. (mcvs-unedit-wrapper): Add before sync. * code/sync.lisp (synchronize-files): New key parameter :direction, values can be :left, :right or :either. Default is :either. If the value is :left or :right, then a sync is done only in that direction, otherwise the value :no-sync is returned. Behavior change: if the left file is missing (F- file in MCVS directory) it is not re-created, but rather :no-sync is returned. Also, if both files exist, have the same timestamp, and are distinct objects, if the direction is :left or :right, then the appropriate restart is automatically chosen. So this will do the right thing on filesystems where link() is performed by copying, without bothering the user with the error. * code/mapping.lisp (mapping-synchronize): New :direction key parameter, passed down to synchronize-filed. The new :no-sync return value from synchronize-files is handled. (mapping-update): Select the :right direction for synchronizing moves, adds or rollbacks.
* code/posix.lisp (execute-program-xargs): Fix again: perform all of the split command lines, even if some of them fail. The returned status is a logical AND combination; if all of the subcommands succeeded then it's T, otherwise NIL.
* code/posix.lisp (execute-program-xargs): Bugfix: if program execution fails, then bail out of the entire function, not just the inner loop. Otherwise the program is wrongly run again, on a bogus file list.
* code/update.lisp (mcvs-update): Simplified restart code.
* code/restart.lisp (parse-restart-case-keywords): New function. (super-restart-case-expander): Some logic factored out into new function.
* code/mapping.lisp (mapping-update): Rewrite restart-bind block using super-restart-case.
* code/restart.lisp (super-restart-case-expander): Roll the functionality of :report-format into :report. (super-restart-case): Slight rearrangement of the tagbody to eliminate the skip around the out-code.
* code/restart.lisp (super-restart-case-expander): New function. (super-restart-case): New macro. * code/create.lisp (mcvs-create): Rewrite a restart-bind construct more succinctly using super-restart-case.
* code/create.lisp (mcvs-create): After the TYPES file is edited, scan the MCVS directory for unexpected files. The intent is to detect text editor backups. If any are found, some interactive error handling lets the user acknowledge their deletion. If they are not deleted, then cvs import will bring them into the repository. This behavior was discovered by Johannes Grødem who suggested that it could be handled.
* code/unix-bindings/wrap.c (mcvs_spawn): One more waitpid() bug! The SIGCHLD signal handler was being set in the child process only, so although we fixed the waitpid() behavior in the CVS child process, we did not fix it in the Meta-CVS process. The ECHILD problem was sporadically reproduced by Johannes Grødem on a fast Athlon machine; it requires CVS to exit before Meta-CVS reaches the waitpid() call.
* code/options.lisp (format-opt): Some one-argument options of CVS must appear as one command parameter, with no separation between the option letter and the argument characters. For example, ``cvs log -r foo::bar'' is invalid, it must be ``cvs log -rfoo::bar''. The format-opt function now formats *all* one-letter options that have one argument as one string.
* code/mcvs-main.lisp (*usage*): Add help text for --up option.
Fix remaining occurences of SIG_IGN action for SIGCHLD being passed to child processes. * code/unix-bindings/unix.lisp (unix-funcs:default-sigchld): New call out function. * code/clisp-unix.lisp (with-input-from-program, with-output-to-program): Call the new default-sigchild function to set SIGCHILD signal handler to SIG_DFL just before creating the pipe. * code/unix-bindings/wrap.c (mcvs_default_sigchld): New function.
New --up option added for escaping out of nested sandboxes. * code/mcvs-main.lisp (*cvs-options*): Added "up" 1 arg option. * code/options.lisp (*nesting-escape-option*): New global, default value 0. (filter-mcvs-options): Filter new option, parse out and validate integer argument. * code/mapping.lisp (mcvs-locate): When searching for MCVS directory, skip N matches, where N is the value of *nesting-escape-option*.
* code/mcvs-main.lisp (*cvs-options*): Constant renamed to *global-options*.
* code/unix-bindings/wrap.c (mcvs-spawn): In the child process, reset the signal handler for SIGCHLD to SIG_DFL before exec-ing the new image. This is needed because CLISP set it to SIG_IGN, which causes child reaping problems in spawned programs. This should fix the ``No child processes'' problem when running CVS from Meta-CVS.
* code/memoize.lisp (remove-key-aux-rest, strip-lambda-list, extract-tests, remove-tests, memoize-expander, factor-memo-labels, define-memoized-function, memoized-labels): Documentation strings added to this cryptic code.
Make tag command work on whole tree if no arguments are given, just like commit. * code/generic.lisp (mcvs-generic): no-fix-empty-filelist keyword parameter renamed to global-if-empty-file-list, which more closely reveals the purpose. (mcvs-commit-wrapper): Use new keyword name. (mcvs-tag-wrapper): Specify T value for :global-if-empty-filelist argument, so the whole project is tagged by default if no arguments are given.
* code/unix-bindings/wrap.c (impl_spawn): Try waitpid again in a loop while it returns -1, and errno is EINTR. Reported by Johannes Grødem <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
* code/posix.lisp: Move some (declaim inline) to the correct location, before the function to be inlined. * code/clisp-unix.lisp: Likewise. * code/cmucl-unix.lisp: Likewise. * code/mapping.lisp: Likewise.
Credit for bug report.
* code/unix-bindings/wrap.c (mcvs_getcwd): If getcwd() returns NULL, it only means that the buffer is too small if errno is also set to ERANGE. This second condition was not being tested. * code/clisp-unix.lisp (getcwd-error): New condition. (initialize-instance (getcwd-error)): New method. (getcwd): Raise getcwd-error condition if unix-funcs::getcwd returns NIL.
* code/unix-bindings/impl.c: File renamed to wrap.c. (impl_null_pointer_p, impl_get_errno, impl_set_errno, impl_readdir, impl_readlink, impl_stat, impl_lstat, impl_fstat, impl_getcwd, impl_spawn): Prefix changed from ``impl_'' to ``mcvs_''. * code/unix-bindings/link.sh, code/unix-bindings/Makefile, code/unix-bindings/unix.lisp: Updated accordingly.
Support -k CVS option in merge and remerge commands. Reported by Jamie Wellnitz. * code/mcvs-main.lisp (*merge-options*, *remerge-options*): Add one argument -k option. * code/merge.lisp (mcvs-merge): Support extra argument for passing command options. Pass them down to mcvs-update. (mcvs-merge-wrapper, mcvs-remerge-wrapper): Don't ignore command options but pass them to mcvs-merge.
* code/install.sh: More fail-safe way to locate library directory; works even when clisp executable is a symlink. Thanks to Sam Steingold, CLISP maintainer, for tip.
Hard link sync optimization. * code/mapping.lisp (mapping-synchronize): New optional parameter, specifies map to use instead of reading *map-local*. * code/mcvs-generic.lisp (mcvs-generic): Pass extra parameter to mapping-synchronize to only sync the selected subset of files.
* code/unix-bindings/impl.c (impl_spawn): For Cygwin, re-implemented this function as a wrapper for the spawnvp function. The combination of fork + execvp + waitpid does not work because waitpid is broken; it waits for thep rocess, but then returns -1 and sets errno to ECHILD.
* code/options.lisp (process-cvs-options): The version number now has three components.
* code/install.sh: Now works under CLISP installations which call the CLISP executable lisp.exe rather than lisp.run. This is the case under Cygwin as of CLISP 2.30 or so.
* code/sync.lisp (synchronize-files): Call exec-check using file info object, rather than file name. This cuts in half the number of calls to stat().
Discontinuing use of CLISP's ext:run-program function in favor of a new workalike which doesn't rely on the shell interpreter. * code/unix-bindings/unix.lisp (unix-funcs:spawn): New C call out function (unix-funcs:run-program): New function, implemented using spawn. * code/unix-bindings/impl.c (impl_spawn): New function; wraps up fork, execvp and waitpid. * code/clisp-unix.lisp: Switch from ext:run-program to unix-funcs:run-program.
Some security fixes. Funny I didn't think of this sooner! * code/types.lisp (types-read): Make sure *read-eval* is bound to nil when calling READ. * code/mapping.lisp (mapping-read-raw-map, displaced-path-read): Likewise.
* code/posix.lisp (invoke-editor-on): Honor the CVSEDITOR and VISUAL environment variables, not just EDITOR.
* code/link.lisp (mcvs-link): Revamped link command to behave properly when the destination object is a directory. It must create the link in that directory, rather than try to create a link with that name. Plus handles various tricky cases. Trailing slash in destination name, destination that is a directory within target directory, attempted link creation in MCVS etc.
More support for -n option. * code/mcvs-main.lisp (*usage*): Document -n option. * code/move.lisp (mcvs-move-wrapper): Remove bogus error check for presence of global options. * code/options.lisp (honor-dry-run): New macro for conditionally not executing some forms if it's a dry run, and logging some debugging information. * code/sync.lisp (synchronize-files): Honor dry run. * code/mapping.lisp (mapping-synchronize, mapping-update): Likewise.
Start of support for global option -n (dry run). * code/options.lisp (*dry-run-option*): New boolean variable. (process-cvs-options): Look for -n and set *dry-run-option*. * code/types.lisp (types-write): Do not write file if *dry-run-option* is true. * code/types.lisp (mapping-write): Likewise. * code/add.lisp (mcvs-add): When calling types-let-user-edit, temporarily disable the dry run option, so that TYPES-NEW can be written. When the dry run option is in effect, do not try to cvs add the TYPES file.
* code/branch.lisp (*branch-help*): New string constant. * code/mcvs-main.lisp (*mcvs-command-table*): *branch-help* hooked in.
* code/mcvs-main (*args*, *options*): Unused variables removed. (mcvs-execute): Global option processing code removed. * code/options.lisp (*print-usage*): New boolean variable; tells mcvs-execute to print usage and terminate. (filter-mcvs-options): New function. Does the job that filter-global-options did. (process-cvs-options): Does the global option processing that was previously in mcvs-execute. (filter-global-options): Now just calls filter-mcvs-options, process-cvs-options.
* INSTALL: Include caveat about GCC 3 problems.
* code/prop.lisp (mcvs-prop): If there are no options specified, don't do anything.
* code/unix-bindings/unix.lisp: Rewrote defpackage to take only selected symbols from CLISP's FFI package rather using the whole thing. FFI, and the packages it uses, are moving targets. The symbol def-c-call-out is interned in unix-funcs. (unix-funcs:def-c-call-out): New internal macro. CLISP says that ffi:def-c-call-out is obsolescent. * code/unix-bindings/Makefile: The ``clean'' target removes unix.lib, not only unix.fas.
Bugfix to the directory restructuring code. A clobbering file add was not actually removing the clobbered file, but leaving it up to the synchronization algorithm, so the time-stamp would decide whether the local file gets clobbered by the repository one, or whether it wins. * code/mapping.lisp (mapping-update): Logic for handling added file ensures that a clobbered local file is removed first.
New link command for creating symlinks. * mcvs-main.lisp (*link-options*): New option constant. (*mcvs-command-table*): Entries for new command added. (*usage*): Help text added. * link.lisp: New file. (mcvs-link, mcvs-link-wrapper): New functions.
* code/grab.lisp (*grab-help*): Rewritten. * code/checkout.lisp (*export-help*): Formatted for 80 columns.
* code/mcvs-main.lisp (*usage*): Expand tabs to spaces. * code/add.lisp (*add-help*): Likewise. * code/remove.lisp (*remove-help*): Likewise. * code/create.lisp (*create-help*): Likewise.
* code/purge.lisp (mcvs-purge): Get rid the processing of the nonexistent -n option from purge code. The global option -n does an adequate job of implementing a dry run.
* code/mapping.lisp (mapping-removed-files): Skip over the MCVS/CVS directory, which can contain CVS-generated files with F- names and a ,t suffix. These trip up the algorithm.
Add help to move command. * code/mcvs-main.lisp (*mcvs-command-table*): Added *move-help*. * code/move.lisp (*mcvs-help*): New constant.
Fix broken ``filt -r''. * code/mapping.lisp (mapping-read-raw-map): New function; reads map from stream and does sanity check. (mapping-read): Argument can be a filename or stream. Call to mapping-read-raw-map to factor out common code for both cases. * code/filt.lisp (filt-select-map): This was still just reading the raw structure from the cvs coprocess, which worked under the old map format, when the internal and external representations were the same. Now it calls mapping-read on the stream.
* UPGRADE-EXISTING: New file.
* code/mcvs-main.lisp: Clear out *modules* list before requiring modules. This is needed so that mcvs-upgrade works, because there is already a populated list in the Lisp image.
Detect failure to start text editor. * code/posix.lisp (*editor*): Change name to *mcvs-editor*, due to name-clash with a CLISP extension! * code/mcvs-main.lisp: Likewise. * code/types.lisp (types-let-user-edit): Provide an individual restart-case block around the invocation of the text editor, which lets the user re-try the editor.
Compiler warning fix. * code/posix.lisp (*argument-limit*): Constant moved here. * code/clisp-unix.lisp (*argument-limit*): Constant removed. * code/cmucl-unix.lisp (*argument-limit*): Likewise.
* code/install.sh: generate a script called mcvs-upgrade.
* code/prop.lisp (mcvs-prop): Read *mcvs-map*, not *mcvs-map-local*.
* code/mcvs-main.lisp (*watchers-options*): New constant. (*edit-options*): Likewise. (*unedit-options*): Likewise. (*editors-options*): Likewise. (*mcvs-command-table*): Added watchers, edit unedit, and editors commands. (*usage*): Updated. * code/generic.lisp (mcvs-watchers-wrapper, mcvs-edit-wrapper, mcvs-unedit-wrapper, mcvs-editors-wrapper): New functions.
* code/mcvs-main.lisp (*usage*): Describe export and watch commands.
* code/mcvs-main.lisp (*watch-options*): New constant. (*mcvs-command-table*): New entry for watch command. * code/watch.lisp: New file.
* code/mcvs-main.lisp (*export-options*): New constant. (*mcvs-command-table*): New entries for export command. * code/checkout.lisp (mcvs-checkout): New keyword to specify export behavior. This causes cvs export to be run instead of checkout, and the MCVS directory to be deleted after. (mcvs-checkout-wrapper): Common function factored out into a flet. (mcvs-export-wrapper): New function. Verifies that one of -D and -r options is present, then runs mcvs-checkout, specifying export behavior.
* code/mcvs-main.lisp (*update-options*): Added -C option. * code/update.lisp (mcvs-update): Fall back on the mcvs-generic if --metaonly or --nometa is specified to run CVS on specific files.
* code/filt.lisp (mcvs-filt): Do not filter F- names if immediately preceded by MCVS/ prefix.
* code/clisp-unix.lisp (execute-program): Provide debug traces for command execution.
* code/add.lisp (*add-help*): Remove spurious text cut and pasted from checkout help.
* code/prop.lisp (mcvs-prop): Result of real-to-abstract-path must be canonicalized. * code/remove.lisp (mcvs-remove): Likewise. * code/generic.lisp (mcvs-generic): Likewise.
* code/move.lisp (move-guts, mcvs-move): Canonicalize the destination path in mcvs-move, rather than mcvs-guts.
* code/create.lisp (mcvs-create): Add the DISPLACED filename to the .cvsignore file.
* code/posix.lisp (path-prefix-equal): Handle empty strings.
* code/move.lisp (move-guts): If an error occurs for each source in a multiple move, and the user skips each source, generate the error that all sources were skipped.
* code/move.lisp (source-check): Generate error if a move of the sandbox root is attempted.
* code/remap.lisp (mcvs-remap): Preserve property lists of mapping entries, and pick up changes in execute permission. * code/mapping.lisp (mapping-convert-out): If the mapping entry's executable flag is nil, then remove the :exec entry from the property list.
* code/mapping.lisp (equal-filemaps): Repair completely broken function. * code/move.lisp (mcvs-move): Added little hack for turning no-op moves into errors. Without this the behavior is confusing, since the program appears to do nothing.
* code/add.lisp (mcvs-add): Provide a continue restart around the code that builds up the expanded-paths for each iteration of the loop. Without this, errors in that code cause the program to bail, even though errors in the rest of the loop body are continuable.
* code/dirwalk.lisp (dirwalk): If the argument is not a directory, the callback must still be invoked. This was done prior to a 2002-05-20 commit. I can't quite remember why it was changed; but I seem to recall thinking about the new dirwalk-skip catch, and how it must be always visible to the callback closure, so that the (skip) mechanism works.
* code/add.lisp (mcvs-add): Reshuffle restart to a higher nesting level, so that an error on one item won't abort the whole operation.
* code/convert.lisp (mcvs-convert): Maintenance so that this tool at least runs, even though it doesn't do anything resembling a reasonable conversion job.
* code/clisp-unix.lisp (guid-gen): Changes for Cygwin broke the case when /dev/urandom is available.
* code/find-bind.lisp (find-bind): Allow empty variable list, as described by the documented syntax.
* code/error.lisp (mcvs-error-handler): Simplify roundabout way of printing error message. * code/mapping.lisp (mapping-write): Incorporate the low level error message into the more informative error message.
Error messages no longer specify prefixes like "mcvs:" or "mcvs-remove:". When no restarts are available, the error handler now adds the "mcvs:" prefix when dumping the error text to the standard error stream, and also adds a terminating newline. The inability to write to the MAP file is converted to a more informative error message. New --debug option is supported to set the chatter level to 3.
Minimal changes for building on Cygwin. * code/install.sh (space_check, dash_check): Function definitions modified to conform to bash2. * code/clisp-unix.lisp (*have-dev-random*, *mcvs-random-state*): New special variables. (guid-gen): Rewritten to fall back on the Common Lisp random function if /dev/urandom is not available.
* code/mcvs-main.lisp (*options*): New variable. Gives scripts access to to some global options. The *args* variable now holds only the remaining arguments after the options. (mcvs-execute): Sets up *args* and *options* accordingly. No longer parses out the --error-continue and --error-terminate options. * code/options.lisp (filter-global-options): The handling of --error-continue and --error-terminate is done here. This is the place to handle options that must be removed (not passed down to CVS) and which do not trigger immediate actions in mcvs-execute.
* code/mcvs-main.lisp (*args*): New global variable. Gives scripts access to command line.
* code/mcvs-main.lisp (*argv*): New global variable. Gives scripts access to command line.
* code/mcvs-main.lisp (*cvs-options*): Add -i parameter which takes the name of a script to invoke. (*usage*): Updated to describe new option. (mcvs-execute): Parse out -i option and load the specified file.
* code/install.sh: Don't specify -K full option when running specific, generated CLISP image already. When generating mcvs.mem, load the compiled version mcvs-main, rather than mcvs-main.lisp.
* code/install.sh: Check that the installation target path won't look like a command line option to shell commands.
* code/mcvs-main.lisp (*mcvs-command-table*): Added help for remove. * code/remove.lisp (*remove-help*): New string constant.
* code/grab.lisp (mcvs-grab): Inspect the execute permissions of stable and moved files, and update the :EXEC propery of their mapping entries accordingly. In other words, grab changes in execute permissions properly.
* code/restore.lisp (mcvs-restore): Was still generating old-style mapping entries. * code/clisp-unix.lisp (executable-p (string)): New method for executable-p generic function that takes a filename.
* code/install.sh: Check that the installation target path does not contain any spaces. It cannot, because it is used in the #! line of an interpreter script. As a consequence of this check, whitespace precautions in the expansion of $TARGET, $TARGET_LIB and $TARGET_BIN have been removed.
* code/checkout.lisp (mcvs-checkout): If a subdirectory path is specified, verify that it is relative, and that it points within the module.
* code/mcvs-main.lisp (*checkout-options*): Removed -A and -N options. (*mcvs-command-table*): Added help for checkout and add. * code/checkout.lisp (*checkout-help*): New string constant. * code/add.help (*add-help*): Likewise. * code/create.lisp (*create-help*): Mention interactive file type specification.
* code/mcvs-main.lisp (*mcvs-command-table*): Add *grab-help*. * code/grab.lisp (*grab-help*): New string constant.
* code/clisp-linux.lisp: File removed.
Implement help text for create command. * code/mcvs-main.lisp (mcvs-help): Fixes. (*mcvs-command-table*): Add *create-help*. * code/create.lisp (*create-help*): New string constant.
Revamping help system to support more detailed help for individual commands. * code/mcvs-main.lisp (mcvs-help): New function. (*help-options*): New constant. (*mcvs-command-table*): New entry in each sublist element; this is either nil, or a string containing help text. (mcvs-execute): Update to use new table structure.
Installation braindamage fixed. Bug in mcvs-filt fixed.
Fix mistake dating back to April. * code/branch.lisp (mcvs-merge): Symbol T was being invoked as function in the case that merge is invoked on a sandbox that is sticky to a non-branch tag.
Another stupid error. * code/create.lisp (mcvs-create): Fix use to unbound variable file-info which should be fi.
Fix stupid error. * code/mcvs-main.lisp (*move-options*): New constant. (*mcvs-command-table*): Fix broken entry for "move" and "mv".
Eliminate inappropriate pluralization in messages. * code/grab.lisp (mcvs-grab): Use ~:p to substitute a 's' if the parameter is other than 1. * code/options.lisp (parse-opt): Likewise.
* code/prop.lisp (mcvs-prop): Support --value option to associate an arbitrary value with a property indicator. * code/mcvs-main.lisp (*usage*): Describe --value and clarify syntax.
Unify command option parsing, and enable it to handle options with any number of required parameters. * code/options.lisp (parse-opt): Function rewritten. Argument syntax and semantics have changed. Options are specified as an association list whose member are string-integer pairs. The string is the option name, the integer specifies the number of required parameters. (option-spec-expand): New function. (option-spec): New macro. (define-option-constant): New macro. * code/mcvs-main.lisp (*cvs-options-arg*): Constant removed. (*cvs-options*, *create-options*, *grab-options*, *checkout-options*, *add-options*, *remove-options*, *update-options*, *switch-options*, *commit-options*, *diff-options*, *tag-options*, *log-options*, *status-options*, *annotate-options, *filt-options*, *convert-options*, *branch-options*, *merge-options*, *remerge-options*, *list-branches-options*, *remap-options*, *purge-options*, *restore-options*, *prop-options*): Constant definitions refactored using define-option-constant macro. (*mcvs-command-table*): Use , rather than ,@ to insert option specs. (*usage*): Suggest cleaner syntax for prop options. (mcvs-execute): Switch to new parse-opt.
New prop command for manipulating property lists. * code/mcvs-main.lisp (*prop-options*): New constant. (*mcvs-command-table*): New entry. (*usage*): Update. * code/mapping.lisp (mapping-entry-parse-plist): Just unconditionally set execute slot based on :exec property. * code/prop.lisp: New file.
Be transparent with respect to mapping entry property lists: preserve unrecognized indicators and values. * code/mapping.lisp (mapping-entry): New slot, raw-plist, records raw property list from external mapping representation. (mapping-entry-parse-attributes): Renamed to mapping-entry-parse-plist. Argument dropped; parses raw-plist slot instead. (mapping-convert-in): Set raw-plist slot to value of fourth list element of :FILE entry, or fifth list element of :SYMLINK entry. (mapping-convert-out): Unify any slot values that are represented as properties into raw-plist, and insert any non-empty plists into external representation.
Low level support for versioning executable bit. * code/unix-bindings/unix.lisp (unix-funcs:chmod): New callout function. * code/clisp-unix.lisp (executable-p, make-executable, make-non-executable): New generic functions. (executable-p (file-info), make-executable (file-info), make-executable (string), make-non-executable (file-info), make-non-executable (string)): New methods. * code/add.lisp (mcvs-add): Record whether new file is executable or not, by setting executable slot in mapping-entry. * code/create.lisp (mcvs-create): Likewise. * code/sync.lisp (synchronize-files): New parameter, should-be-executable, tells function which way to set permissions after synchronizing files. * code/mapping.lisp (mapping-entry): New slot, executable. (mapping-entry-parse-attributes): New function, parses new optional property list from :FILE entries in a mapping. (mapping-convert-in): Parse property list that may be present in fourth list element of a :FILE entry. (mapping-convert-out): Write out executable flag as :EXEC property, if true. (mapping-synchronize): Pass executable flag down to synchronize-files.
* code/grab.lisp (determine-moved-files): Rename local variable for clarity. (determine-moved-symlinks): Actually compute what symlinks are moved. Takes one more argument, the stable-files list. (mcvs-grab): Fix small destructuring-bind bug in symlink moving code. Also, read the targets of moved symlinks into the map, like it is already done with stable symlinks.
* code/grab.lisp (mcvs-grab): Iterate over stable symlinks, and incorporate changed targets into the mapping. In other words, notice and incorporate retargetted symlinks.
Merging symlink-branch to main trunk.
* mapping.lisp (mapping-update): Bugfix in logic which prints clobbering moves. The functions abstract-to-real-path and second were applied in the wrong order.
* posix.lisp (execute-program): Function removed. * clisp-linux.lisp (execute-program): Function added. Works in terms of CLISP's run-program function rather than the shell function, thus eliminating the need to build a command string and escape shell characters. * clisp-unix.lisp (excecute-program): Likewise.
* posix.lisp (edit-file): Function renamed to invoke-file-on, because this name clashes with a standard Common Lisp symbol. * types.lisp (types-let-user-edit): Updated to use new name.
Use getcwd to to implement mcvs-locate. * code/unix-bindings/unix.lisp (getcwd): New call out, invokes impl_getcwd. * code/unix-bindings/impl.c (impl_getcwd): New function, use getcwd() to obtain current working directory, resizing dynamic buffer if necessary to get the entire path. * code/clisp-unix.lisp (getcwd): New wrapper function. * code/dirwalk.lisp (go-up): Function removed. * code/mapping.lisp (mcvs-locate): Rewritten to obtain path using getcwd, then try looking for MCVS directory in successively shorter prefixes of that path.
Working back support for CLISP 2.27. * code/install.sh: Bogus *null-pointer* hack is no longer added to the generated mcvs script, since we have our own FFI functions for doing the test. * code/unix-bindings/unix.lisp (unix-funcs:null-pointer-p): New function, tests a C pointer for null, returns T or NIL. * code/unix-bindings/impl.c (impl_null_pointer_p): New function, C implementation of unix-funcs:null-pointer-p. * code/clisp-unix.lisp (pointer-null): New macro, uses ffi:foreign-address-null under CLISP 2.28 or greater, or unix-funcs:null-pointer-p, under an older CLISP.
Fixes to get clean build from fresh checkout. * code/unix-bindings/link.sh: Remove test for presence of unix.c; this was causing the failure to add the unix module to the module list, which caused it to generate an empty modules.h file under code/unix-bindings-linking-set, resulting in a bad build of lisp.run. * code/unix-bindings/Makefile: Add ``clean'' target, so we can do a make clean here.
Retargetting CVS with new system call bindings that are not GNU/Linux specific.
Undoing change to mcvs grab file comparison. It was found to produce some really bad results, like correlating files that have nothing to do with each other. A higher threshold wouldn't help.
* code/grab.lisp (correlate-word-hashes): The rule for computing the correlation changes. The size of the smaller of the two sets is used as the denominator, rather than the size of the union. This produces far better results for files that have grown or shrunk a lot; files are not penalized for growing. More changes to syntax of grab command. Now -A must be specified to do a grab onto main trunk. * code/mcvs-main.lisp (*grab-options*): -A option added. * code/grab.lisp (mcvs-grab): Test for presence of -A option. Check that either -A or -r is present, but not both.
Syntax of grab command changed. The branch is no longer specified as an argument after the module name. Rather, it is specified using the -r option. * code/mcvs-main.lisp (*grab-options*): -r added to list. * code/grab.lisp (mcvs-grab, mcvs-grab-wrapper): Argument syntax change, support -r option.
* docs/meta-cvs.latex: Rewrote most of Introduction.
New scripts for building LaTeX document. These do the right thing to minimize the number of times latex is run. Make proved useless. * docs/generate.sh: New file. * docs/cleanup.sh: New file.
* INSTALL: Revising CLISP installation instructions to the easier method using --build.
* code/generic.lisp (mcvs-generic): Support new keyword, :no-fix-empty-file-list. Specifies that if no files are passed, and the --metaonly option is not present, the CVS command is to be executed without any file arguments. (mcvs-commit-wrapper): Specify :no-fix-empty-file-list t when calling mcvs-generic. Thus commit now has the behavior that when it is passed no file arguments, it does a true global commit.
* code/restore.lisp (mcvs-restore): Work properly with partial sandboxes; that is, move things to lost+found directory at the top of the partial sandbox, rather than the abstract root.
* code/mcvs-main.lisp (usage): Updated to describe restore command.
* code/grab.lisp (mcvs-grab): If there are only added files or only removed files, don't bother scanning any files, since there are no moves to compute.
Start using paths to refer to files.
* find-bind.lisp (vector-bind): New macro, binds symbols to elements of a vector. (find-bind-extract-vals): Rewrite using vectors. Fixes a bug: the old version was not handling duplicate keys properly. (find-bind): Integrate with new find-bind-extract-vals.
*** empty log message ***
* move.lisp (move-guts): When moving multiple sources to a target directory, provide a restart to skip a bad source.
* seqfuncs.lisp (intersection-difference): Support a new keyword parameter :squash-nil. * mapping.lisp (mapping-difference): Filter non-moved pairs directly in intersection-difference call using :squash-nil, eliminating the need to do a second remove-if pass.
* mapping.lisp (mapping-difference): Rewrite using intersection-difference.
* grab.lisp (added-removed): Function removed. (mcvs-grab): Use new intersection-difference function instead of added-removed.
* seqfuncs.lisp (intersection-difference): New function.
Merging from partial-sandbox-branch.
* grab.lisp (mcvs-grab): Bugfix: determination of common words was failing on small file sets because the min function was used instead of the max to compute the threshold.
* find-bind.lisp (find-bind-extract-vals): Rewrite for efficiency. No impact on Meta-CVS, just done for the sake of improving the quality of this highly reusable code. There is specialized code now depending on whether the input sequence is a list or a vector. A single pass is made over the sequence, with multiple passes over the search values. The sequence could be large, whereas the list of search values is typically going to be small. (find-bind): Modified to reflect slight interface change in find-bind-extract-vals.
*** empty log message ***
* purge.lisp (mcvs-purge): Factor out code for computing deleted files. * mapping.lisp (mapping-removed-files): New function, contains code factored from mcvs-purge. * restore.lisp: New file. (mcvs-restore, mcvs-restore-wrapper): New functions.
* checkout.lisp (mcvs-checkout): Don't delete the MCVS directory of an existing checkout.
Adding purge command. * mcvs-main.lisp (*purge-options*): New constant. (*mcvs-command-table*): New entry. (*usage*): Update. * purge.lisp: New file. (mcvs-purge, mcvs-purge-wrapper): New functions.
Grab no longer synchronizes to recreate deleted files immediately before blowing them away. * grab.lisp (mcvs-grab): Specify :no-sync t when calling mcvs-remove. * remove.lisp (mcvs-remove): Support new no-sync keyword. This tells mcvs-remove that the files being removed from the mapping, don't exist in the sandbox. So it's not necessary to call mapping-synchronize, and mapping-update can be told via :no-delete-removed t not to try to remove deleted files. * mapping.lisp (mapping-update): New no-delete-removed keyword parameter.
* create.lisp (mcvs-create): Take out vendor branch parameter, use "Created-by-Meta-CVS" as the vendor tag. (mcvs-create-wrapper): Take out vendor branch parameter.
* generic.lisp (mcvs-tag-wrapper): This one needs to include meta files by default.
Fix wrong dates.
* options.lisp (*nometa-option*): Eliminated rid useless docstring. (*meta-option*): New variable. (*nometa-option*): New variable. (filter-global-options): Clean rewrite using find-bind. * generic.lisp (mcvs-generic): New keyword parameters default-include-meta-files, need-update-after. Implements new logic related to the new options. Performs (mapping-update) if need-update-after is true and metafiles were subject to cvs update. (mcvs-commit-wrapper): Calls mcvs-generic with :default-include-meta-files t. * update.lisp (mcvs-update): No longer overrides the *nometa-option* special variable. Passes :need-update-after t to mcvs-generic. * mcvs-main.lisp (*cvs-options*): New options entered into list.
* memoize.lisp (memoize-expander): Use ordinary hash for memoizing monadic functions.
Change similarity threshold to 30%.
* grab.lisp (read-word-hash): Use #'equalp test for case-insensitive string comparisons. (added-removed): Use string< instead of string-lessp for comparing paths. (determine-common-words, eliminate-common-words): New functions. (move-candidates): Acceptance threshold reduced to 50%, since elimination of common words reduces the similarity correlation. (mcvs-grab): Use string< instead of string-lessp when sorting paths. Do the common words computation. * mapping.lisp (mapping-dupe-check, mapping-write, mapping-difference): Use string< instead of string-lessp.
* memoize.lisp (factor-memo-labels): New function, rips apart functions generated by memoize-expander, in order to factor out the multi-hash defining let blocks. (memoized-labels): Interface corrected. Also, use new function to generate a labels block that allows for mutually recursive memoized functions which preserve hash contents across arbitrarily mutually recursive calls. This is done by enclosing the functions in one big let block which binds all the hashes.
* seqfuncs.lisp (lcs-list): Specify #'eq test for memoization parameters.
Adding some cool code: a multi-hash datatype which implements multi-dimensional sparse arrays using a tree of hash tables, and a function memoizer which uses multi hash to index on function arguments. * multi-hash.lisp (multi-hash): New class. (initialize-instance): New method on multi-hash. (multi-hash-common-code): New macro. (get-multi-hash, set-multi-hash): New functions. * memoize.lisp (define-memoized-function, memoized-labels): New macros. (remove-key-aux-rest strip-lambda-list, extract-tests, remove-tests, memoize-expander): New functions. * seqfuncs.lisp (lcs-list): Function is now correctly memoized using define-memoized-function.
* grab.lisp (read-word-hash): Memory use optimizations: use smaller initial size for tokens; re-use the same token object when the hash already contains a duplicate. (correlate): Renamed to correlate-word-hashes. (correlate-paths): New function; computes a confidence-reducing factor based on the differences between two paths. (move-candidates): Use correlate-paths to lower the confidence for distant moves. This could help sort out ambiguities when projects contain very similar or duplicate files which are subject to parallel moves. * seqfuncs.lisp (lcs-list, lcs-vector, longest-common-subsequence): New functions.
New feature: grab command. Takes snapshot of code and imports it to a branch, trying to determine which of the added and removed files are actually moves. * grab.lisp: New file. (read-word-hash, word-hash-file, correlate, added-removed, move-candidates, mcvs-grab, mcvs-grab-wrapper): New functions. * mcvs-main.lisp (*grab-options*): New constant. (*mcvs-command-table*): New entry. (*usage*): New text. * checkout.lisp (mcvs-checkout): Write out MAP-LOCAL even if :no-generate t is specified.
* checkout.lisp (mcvs-checkout): New key parameter, no-generate. Tells the checkout function not to unpack the MCVS directory. This will be useful when mcvs-checkout is used as a subfunction of the new grab command. Failed CVS call is now turned into an error. The MCVS subdirectory is *always* deleted, even if the checkout did not create the checkout directory.
* dirwalk.lisp (dirwalk-fi): Bugfix: top call was not passing down keyword parameters to recursive call.
* posix.lisp (canonicalize-path): Use concatenate-string instead of format.
* posix.lisp (parse-posix-namestring): Clean rewrite.
The ``import'' command is renamed to ``create''. * mcvs.main (*create-options*): Renamed to *import-options*. (*mcvs-command-table*): Updated. (*usage*): Updated. * import.lisp: File renamed to create.lisp. (mcvs-import): Renamed to mcvs-create; some arguments renamed. (mcvs-import-wrapper): Renamed to mcvs-create-wrapper. * README: Updated.
* split.lisp (split-fields): Optimized to extract tokens directly from the input string using subseq rather than construct them character by character.
* split.lisp (split-fields): Optimized to build tokens using vector-push-extend rather than format.
* find-bind.lisp (find-bind): Use #'values instead of #'(lambda (x) x).
* clisp-linux.sh (:clisp-old): Added to *features* for CLISP 2.28 or higher. (*null-pointer*): Only defined when :clisp-old is present. (pointer-null): Use new ffi:foreign-pointer-null if :clisp-old feature is not present. * install.sh: Don't do *null-pointer* workaround hack unless :clisp-old feature is present in the memory image.
* types.lisp (types-make-cvs-adds): Serious bugfix. Forgot to strip MCVS/ prefix from those F- files which don't match any type entries. This caused cvs add to fail for unsuffixed files.
* types.lisp (types-to-import-wrapper-args): Don't use backquote template to generate a list that will be destructively catenated by mapcan.
* checkout.lisp (mcvs-checkout): If a checkout directory is created and then the CVS checkout fails, the directory is then removed.
* find-bind (find-bind-extract-vals, find-bind): Process default values in find-bind-extract-vals, instead of in the expansion of find-bind, thereby reducing some macro bloat.
* remap.lisp (mcvs-remap): Loads MAP as well as MAP-LOCAL. If it the mappings differ, an error is signaled. The user can choose to ignore the error, in which case MAP is clobbered.
Adding mcvs remap command. * dirwalk.lisp (dirwalk-fi, dirwalk, for-each-file-info): Default behavior is now preorder (visit directory before its entries). A keyword is provided to select the old postorder behavior. A catch is provided in dirwalk-fi that allows the caller to skip processing the currently traversed directory. The for-each-* macros provide a local function called (skip) to do this. (delete-recursive): This function depends on postorder behavior in for-each-file-info, so it explicitly selects it now. * mcvs.lisp (*remap-options*): New constant. (*mcvs-command-table*): Add entry for new function. (*usage*): Describes new function. * remap.lisp: New file. (mcvs-remap, mcvs-remap-wrapper): New functions.
* sync.lisp (synchronize-files): Signal an error when the two files to be synchronized have the same time stamp. Provide two restarts for doing the synchronization either way.
* mapping.lisp (in-sandbox-root-dir): Fix symbol macro sandbox-down-path; it was referring to the (quote #:DOWNPATH-NNN) rather than #:DOWNPATH-NNN.
* import.lisp (mcvs-import): Specify -I ! argument to cvs import so that it does not ignore any F- files.
* mapping.lisp (mapping-update): Provide restart that allows user to ignore file removal error.
Porting to CMUCL. * system.lisp: Conditionally load new module cmucl-unix. * mapping.lisp (mapping-dupe-check, mapping-write, mapping-difference): Fixes related to sort function; we were relying on CLISP's preservation of the cons cell order. * cmucl-unix.lisp: New file.
Remove check that disables checking out to existing places other than the current directory. Added check for existing MCVS subdirectory in the target directory.
* checkout.lisp (mcvs-checkout): Allow -d to specify current directory as the checkout directory. Do not complain if the target directory exists, just try to use it anyway. Use the mapping-update function to update the sandbox. These changes allow a Meta-CVS sandbox to blend with an existing directory structure, a useful feature.
* generic.lisp (mcvs-generic): Change how empty file argument list is handled. Rather than rewriting it to '(".") we do a proper map-prefix-lookup. Synchronizing and invoking CVS is elided if the resulting list of files to process is empty and the --nometa option is specified.
* branch.lisp (parse-sticky): New function. (read-cvs-entries): New function. (same-tag-check): New function. (what-tag-are-we-on): Renamed to what-are-we-sticky-to. Calls parse-sticky to return structured tag. (mcvs-merge): Make use of structured tags. (mcvs-list-branches): Make use of structured tags. Indicate when sandbox is inconsistently sticky.
* remove.lisp (mcvs-remove): Corrected careless bracketing introduced on 2002-03-15 (1.16) that rendered this function ineffective.
Absolute paths resolved against sandbox root. * posix.lisp (path-absolute-p): New function. Predicate to test whether a path is absolute. * mapping.lisp (in-sandbox-root-dir): sandbox-translate-paths function detects absolute path, and treats it as relative to sandbox root.
New switch command added, plus sticky tag related bugfixes and enhancement of mcvs list-branches. mcvs-main.lisp (*switch-options*): New constant. (*mcvs-command-table*): New entries. (*usage*): New help text. branch.lisp (what-branch-are-we-on): Function renamed to what-tag-are-we-on. Tests the first letter which is T or N; if it is not T, then it's not a branch tag. If there is a tag, it returns two values; the second value is NIL if it is not a branch tag, T otherwise. (mcvs-merge): Modified to use what-tag-are-we-on. (mcvs-list-branches): Show additional information about the current sticky tag. (mcvs-merge-wrapper): Fix wrong parenthesization introduced earlier today. (mcvs-switch-wrapper): New function.
* branch.lisp (branch-tag-check): Check reserved symbol HEAD.
New command to list branches. * mcvs-main.lisp (*list-branches-options*): New constant. (*mcvs-command-table*): Entries for new command added. (*usage*): Help text added. * branch.lisp (mcvs-list-branches, mcvs-list-branches-wrapper): New functions.
* branch.lisp (where-is-the-repository): New function. (cvs-make-or-advance-tag): Pass down CVSROOT to cvs rtag using the -d global option.
* branch.lisp (what-module-is-this): New function. (cvs-make-or-advance-tag): Use rtag rather than tag for tagging the branch being merged. This fixes the failure to merge added files. (mcvs-merge): Use mcvs-update rather than directly using cvs.
Implemented remerge command; redo a merge without moving around any tags. * branch.lisp (mcvs-merge): New keyword parameter remerge-p to indicate that a re-merge should be done, plus logic for doing so. (mcvs-remerge-wrapper): New function. * mcvs-main.lisp (*remerge-options*): New constant. (*mcvs-command-table*): New entry for remerge command.
First cut at implementing more automated branching and merging. * mcvs-main.lisp (*branch-options*, *merge-options*): New constants. (*mcvs-command-table*): New entries for branch and merge commands. (*usage*): New help text. * branch.lisp: New file. (*branch-char*): New constant. (tags-from-cvs-log, what-branch-are-we-on, branch-tag-check, mcvs-branch, mcvs-branch-wrapper, cvs-make-or-advance-tag, mcvs-merge, mcvs-merge-wrapper): New functions.
checkout.lisp (mcvs-checkout): Emit informational message when checkout completes, because it's not obvious what directory was just created.
Error checking added to mcvs move: verifies that all sources exist and are known to Meta-CVS. * move.lisp (source-check): New function. (simple-rename, simple-move-to-dir): Use new function.
* rcsparse.lisp: File renamed to rcs-utils.lisp. (rcs-delta): New slot, delta-hash. (rcs-make-delta-hash): New function. (rcs-parse): Calls rcs-make-delta-hash to set up new slot. * convert.lisp: require changed to match file rename.
Some new macros for slot access. * slot-refs.lisp: New file. (with-slot-refs): New macro. (with-multi-slot-refs): New macro. * rcsparse.lisp (rcs-parse-newphrases, rcs-parse-admin, rcs-parse-delta): Replace uses of symbol-macrolet by with-slot-refs and with-multi-slot-refs.
* rcsparse.lisp (rcs-delta): New struct. (rcs-file): New slot, deltas. (rcs-parse-newphrases): New function, factors out parsing of ``newphrases'' syntactic element out of rcs-parse-admin. (rcs-parse-admin): Use rcs-parse-newphrases. (rcs-parse-delta, rcs-parse-deltas): New functions. (rcs-parse): Parse both admin and deltas; store deltas in new rcs-file slot.
* posix.lisp (parse-posix-namestring): New function. Converts POSIX path to CL Path object. * rcsparse.lisp: New file (rcs-admin, rcs-file, rcs-token, rcs-token-stream): New structs. (rcs-peek-token, rcs-read-token): New generic functions. (rcs-extract-id-sym-or-num, rcs-extract-string, rcs-match-optional, rcs-match-token, rcs-parse, rcs-parse-admin, rcs-special-p): New functions. * convert.lisp (classify-tags): Work with association list rather than raw strings. (mcvs-convert): Use rcs-parse to extract tags. Fix call to mapping-generate name. Use parse-posix-namestring when opening version file. Generate informative chatter.
* remove.lisp (mcvs-remove): More detailed error checking. Checks for remove attempts against MCVS/ area, removes of local files not versioned under Meta-CVS, and nonexistent files.
* add.lisp (mcvs-add): Error message changed to tell user to use -R to add directory. * remove.lisp (mcvs-remove): New generalized boolean parameter indicates to do a recursive remove. This is controlled by the -R option which already exists. Behavior changed to not act on directories unless recursion is explicitly requested. (mcvs-remove-wrapper): Extract "R" option, pass down new boolean to mcvs-remove.
* remove.lisp (mcvs-remove-wrapper): Remove bogus error check.
* checkout.lisp (mcvs-checkout): Bugfix: must use checkout-dir, not module, when testing whether directory exists or was created properly.
Update takes file arguments now. * update.lisp (mcvs-update): If filename arguments are given, then just call mcvs-generic to do the work, but suppress the operation on meta files. If no filename arguments are given, then update everything. If the -p option is present, no synchronization is needed, before or after. (mcvs-update-wrapper): Pass command arguments down to mcvs-update. * mcvs-main.lisp (*update-options*): Add "p" option. * generic.lisp (mcvs-generic): New keyword parameter need-sync-after, a generalized boolean which can tell the function to do a mapping-synchronize after executing the CVS command.
* filt.lisp (filt-select-map): Do allow a date and revision to be specified; the revision could be a branch tag.
* mapping.lisp (malformed-map): New function. (mapping-dupe-check): Perform extra error checks when reading mapping, and turn them into a condition with a ``nice'' error message.
* mcvs-filt.lisp (filt-select-map): Handle error gracefully when reading map. It's easy to give CVS is a nonexistent tag.
The filt command takes arguments to select alternate revision of map. * mcvs-main.lisp (*filt-options*): New constant. (*mcvs-command-table*): Updated with new options. (mcvs-debug-shell): Restart name changed during debugging of filt changes. * filt.lisp (filt-select-map): New function. Loads either the local mapping, or retrieves an alternate mapping from CVS based on command line options. (mcvs-filt): Use filt-select-map rather than mapping-read.
* generic.lisp (mcvs-generic): Add .cvsignore to the list of metafiles.
* import.lisp (mcvs-import): Create a .cvsignore file for ignoring MAP-LOCAL.
Fix trailing slash bug in mcvs mv. * move.lisp (simple-move-to-dir): Canonicalize path after catenating destination and file base name. This nukes a double slash if we move to a name with a trailing slash. (move-guts): Treat a destination name that has a trailing slash as a directory, unless it exists already as a non-directory.
* mcvs-main.lisp (*cvs-options*): Added "error-terminate" and "error-continue". (*usage*): Update and reformat help text. (mcvs-execute): Process "error-terminate" and "error-continue" options.
* mapping.lisp (mapping-update): Messages related to moving, adding or removing files promoted to terse level, so only -Q can suppress them.
* update.lisp (mcvs-update): Changing level of chatter messages. * move.lisp (mcvs-move): Likewise. * add.lisp (mcvs-add): Likewise. * remove.lisp (mcvs-remove): Likewise. * checkout.lisp (mcvs-checkout): Likewise. * generic.lisp (mcvs-generic): Likewise. * import.lisp (mcvs-import): Likewise. * mapping.lisp (mapping-dupe-check): Likewise. (mapping-update): Likewise.
Support for -q, -Q and -e global options. * posix.lisp (*editor*): New special variable. (edit-file): Check *editor* variable; if not nil, use it. * mcvs-main.lisp (*usage*): Update help text. (mcvs-execute): Set *mcvs-chatter-level* according to -q or -Q. Set *editor* if -e is specified.
* mcvs-main.lisp (*cvs-options*): Remove obsolete "a". (*cvs-options-arg*): Add missing "r". (*usage*): New constant, help text. (mcvs-execute): Process help and version command line options.
* options.lisp (parse-opt): Make error messages more consistent.
* find-bind.lisp (find-bind): Make rem-var optional; sometimes the user might not care about the remaining unmatched list.
* find-bind.lisp (find-bind): Documentation string change. Clarify that default values are substituted whenever a variable would otherwise be bound to the value NIL, even through an explicit match.
Sane filtering of -d option in checkout. * find-bind.lisp (find-bind): Variable bindings can specify a third element, which provides a default value for any variables that turn out NIL. * checkout.lisp (mcvs-checkout): Filter out the -d dir option, and use it to override the name of the checkout directory, the way CVS checkout does it.
*** empty log message ***
* find-bind.lisp: New file. (find-bind-extract-vals): New function. (find-bind): New macro. * error.lisp (restart-destructure): Macro removed. (mcvs-error-handler): Uses generic find-bind instead of restart-destructure.
* filt.lisp (mcvs-filt): Bugfix: do not stop processing line if F- file name is not found in hash table.
Commit is handled through mcvs-generic, so it can take filename arguments, and honor --nometa. * commit.lisp: File removed. (mcvs-commit): Function removed. (mcvs-commit-wrapper): Moved to generic.lisp. * generic.lisp (mcvs-commit-wrapper): Moved from commit.lisp, changed to invoke mcvs-generic. (mcvs-generic): Only add TYPES file to list if it actually exists.
New --nometa command line option. * mcvs-main.lisp (*cvs-options*): Add "nometa" to list. (mcvs-execute): Filter global options to recognize Meta-CVS-specific ones. * options.lisp (*nometa-option*): New special variable. (filter-global-options): New function. * generic.lisp (mcvs-generic): Honor *nometa-option* special variable.
* generic.lisp (mcvs-generic): Make sure TYPES file is included in list of files.
* mcvs-main.lisp (*add-options*): Support -R option for add. Thus, recursive add works now.
Fix mcvs filt so it handles suffixed F- files properly. * filt.lisp (make-filt-hash): New function. (mcvs-filt): After matching hex digits, also check for a suffix match.
Support for file type keyword treatment under mcvs add. * add.lisp (mcvs-add): Restructured to build up list of new file suffixes, allow the user to edit the file which determines how they are treated, filter out ignored files and pass -k options to multiple cvs adds. * types.lisp (*mcvs-new-types*): New constant. (*types-comments*): Constant moved here from import.lisp. (types-remove-ignores): New function. Code factored out from mcvs-import. (types-let-user-edit): Likewise. (types-make-cvs-adds): New function. * import.lisp (*types-comments*): Constant removed. Moved to types.lisp (mcvs-import): Code factored out to new functions in types.lisp, which are also used by add.lisp.
* print.lisp: New file. (print-assoc-list): New function. * types.lisp: Use print-assoc-list to nicely print the types. * import.lisp (mcvs-import): Don't bother getting user to edit the types if the type list is empty. In fact, don't even create the file. * add.lisp (mcvs-add): Use new form of mapping-generate-name.
* import.lisp (mcvs-import): Fix broken restart for re-editing the types file. (*types-comments*): Drastically shorten the help text.
Support for filetypes in import. * posix.lisp (suffix): Separator character parameter is optional; multiple occurences of character lead to one big suffix like ".tar.gz" instead of ".gz". A leading dot means it's not a suffix but a hidden file like ".exrc". (edit-file): New function, brings up text editor for specified file. * clisp-linux.lisp (env-lookup): New function for environment variable lookup. * types.lisp: New source file. (*mcvs-types-name*, *mcvs-types*): New constants for TYPES filename. (types-read, types-write, types-sanity-check, types-to-import-wrapper-args): New functions. * import.lisp (*types-comments*): New constant. (mcvs-import): Restructured to build up list of file suffixes, allow the user to edit the file which determines how they are treated, filter out ignored files and pass -W options to cvs import to handle the rest. Failed cvs import is turned into restartable condition. * mapping.lisp (mapping-generate-name): Takes a suffix parameter. The F-files now carry a suffix obtained from the original file, because I have concluded that this was the only reasonable way to integrate with CVS.
* add.lisp (mcvs-add): Last change completely broke add due to not breaking out of the retry loop.
* move.lisp (mcvs-move): If the mapping-update operation returns nil, or terminates by a non-local jump, restore the filemap. * mapping.lisp (mapping-update): When returning normally, return t. When returning after doing a rollback, return nil.
* error.lisp (mcvs-error-handler): Bugfix. We were closing over a binding of the iteration variable of a dolist, which has only one binding over the entire loop. * mapping.lisp (mapping-update): Gathers up info all local clobbered files, and then throw the error. Provides restart which allows user to print the list of clobbered files, and a restart which allows the user to have those files clobbered. * checkout.lisp (mcvs-checkout-wrapper): Bugfix for last bugfix.
* checkout.lisp (mcvs-checkout-wrapper): Bugfix for bad destructuring-bind if there are no arguments.
* mapping.lisp (mapping-difference): Reformatted documentation string. (mapping-update): Implemented a continue restart which rolls back the changes done to the local filesystem.
Don't provide special restart for keeping the add, because that will happen anyway if the user chooses to terminate. Restarts that do about the same thing as termination will certainly be confusing.
Wording change; don't say termination is graceful when it's not clear what that means.
* error.lisp (mcvs-error-handler): Rearranging the menu, so "T" is clumped with the main options, and any special restarts are clearly separated.
* update.lisp (mcvs-update): Re-print the "Invoking CVS" chatter if the user re-tries the error. * add.lisp (mcvs-add): CVS failure is now a restartable error; user can decide whether to roll back the effects, retry the CVS add, or keep the effects anyway despite the failed add. * install.sh: Stop the script if there are compilation errors.
* error.lisp (*mcvs-errors-occured-p*): New special variable. (mcvs-error-handler): Set *mcvs-errors-occured-p* to T. * mcvs-main.lisp (mcvs): Take *mcvs-errors-occured-p* into account in computing termination status.
Remove spurious newlines from error messages.
Adding some restarts around cvs update. * posix.lisp (execute-command-xargs): Bail with nil return value if any command line fails. * update.lisp (mcvs-update): Tests return value of execute-program and signal condition if it's nil. Provides a continue restart as well as a retry restart to try the command again. * error.lisp (mcvs-error-handler): Show retry restarts as a special menu item "R".
Added a much improved error handling routine in anticipation of better use of restarts. * error.lisp: New file (restart-destructure): New macro. (*mcvs-error-treatment*): Special variable, moved here from mcvs-main. (mcvs-error-handler): New function. * mcvs-main.lisp (mcvs-top-error-handler): Function removed. (mcvs-execute): Bind error to new mcvs-error-handler instad of mcvs-top-error-handler.
* mcvs-main.lisp (*mcvs-command-table*): The "stat" abbreviation for status command added.
Hooking conversion tool into command structure. * mcvs-main.lisp (*convert-options*): New constant. (*mcvs-command-table*): New entry for mcvs-convert-wrapper. * convert.lisp (mcvs-convert): Fix reference to nonexistent variable. (mcvs-convert-wrapper): New function.
* convert.lisp: New file. Contains conversion utility to make an Meta-CVS repository from an ordinary CVS repository, while preserving all history, tags and branches. (remove-attic-component, classify-tags, read-tags, mcvs-convert): New functions. * posix.lisp (suffix): New function. Computes suffix of file. (execute-program-xargs): New optional parameter, for specifying fixed part added at the end of each generated command line. * mapping.lisp (*mcvs-map-name*, *mcvs-local-map-name*): New constants. (*mcvs-map*, *mcvs-map-local*): Redefined in terms of new constants. (mapping-generate-name): New key parameter no-dir for not adding the directory prefix.
* checkout.lisp (mcvs-checkout): Ensure local mapping is sorted when written out, for easier comparisons.
* sync.lisp (synchronize-files): Return :dir symbol when either argument is a directory. * mapping.lisp (mapping-synchronize): Chatter output messages are shorter. Handles :dir return value from synchronize-files. (mapping-update): New sanity checks for moved and added files, to avoid clobbering local files. Removed redundant call to ensure-directories-exit in move logic, because synchronize-files will do it anyway. Chatter messages reordered to occur before their corresponding action is done. * mcvs-main.lisp (*mcvs-error-treatment*): Special variable can have new domain value, namely :decline. (mcvs-top-error-handler): Print error message when terminating non-restartable error. Handle new :decline treatment by simply returning. (mcvs-debug-shell): Set *mcvs-error-treatment* to :decline so that errors are caught by debugger.
* mapping.lisp (mapping-sort): Removed function. (mapping-write): Sort written map by F- file names, not by path names. This is far better for merging, because files stay in the same place when they are renamed.
Added status, log and annotate. * mcvs-main.lisp: (*log-options*, *status-options*, *annotate-options*): New constants. (*mcvs-command-table*): Add new entries. * generic-lisp (mcvs-log-wrapper, mcvs-status-wrapper, mcvs-annotate-wrapper): New functions.
Added tag command. * diff.lisp: File renamed to generic.lisp. (mcvs-diff): Function renamed to mcvs-generic. * generic.lisp (mcvs-generic): Function no longer dedicated to diffing only; takes CVS command to execute as an argument, also takes arguments and files as separate lists. (mcvs-diff-wrapper): Modified to invoke mcvs-generic properly. (mcvs-tag-wrapper): New function, uses mcvs-generic to implement tag command. * mcvs-main.lisp (*tag-options*): New constant. (*mcvs-command-table*): New entry for tag command.
Added workaround for operating system argument passing limitations, resembling the Unix xargs utility. Also, trimmed some fat from the basename function. * clisp-linux.lisp: (*argument-limit*): New constant added. (arglist-to-command-string): Function removed. (execute-program): Function removed. (shell-interpreter): New function, wrapper for CLISP's shell function, turns exit status into T (success) or NIL (failure). * diff.lisp (mcvs-diff): Uses execute-program-xargs instead of execute-program. * posix.lisp (basename): Does not canonicalize path name. This turns out to be an unnecessary performance hit in some cases. (arglist-to-command-string): New function. Similar to what was removed from clisp-linux, but this one properly escapes all shell metacharacters. (execute-program): New function, calls shell-interpreter. (execute-program-xargs): New function. Takes two argument lists. Forms one or more command lines by combining the first argument list with one or more pieces of the second argument list, and executes each command. The length of the pieces is determined by the argument passing limit. * dirwalk.lisp (ensure-directories-gone): Add use of canonicalize-path because basename doesn't do it.
Algorithmic efficiency improvements. No longer using abstract set operations to update file structure or find duplicates in the maps. Could still streamline the sorting. * mapping.lisp (mapping-sort): Express more succinctly using key. (mapping-dupe-check): Rewrite using loop over sorted lists. (mapping-difference): New function for computing mapping change. (mapping-update): Modify to use mapping-difference.
* mapping.lisp (mapping-update): When moving files, ensure that the target is unlinked if it exists. * move.lisp (simple-rename): No longer do target unlinking here. Also bugfix: it wasn't handling renames of directories containing just one file.
* checkout.lisp (mcvs-checkout): Checkout also performs sanity check.
* mapping.lisp (mapping-dupe-check): New function for detecting duplicate objects or paths in a mapping. (mapping-sane-p): Function removed. (mapping-read): Use mapping-dupe-check to verify a map when asked by the sanity-check keyword. (mapping-update): Specify sanity check when reading MCVS/MAP.
* mcvs-main.lisp (mcvs): Use CLISP's exit function correctly to establish proper termination status.
* options.lisp (parse-opt): Correctly process long options with arguments. Argument is part of the string, separated by = symbol.
* mcvs-main.lisp (mcvs-execute): Parse command-specific options properly based on knowledge of each command's set of options. (parse-args): Function removed.
* options.lisp (parse-opt): When multiple options characters are bunched up into one argument, and one of them other than the last one takes an argument, then the remaining ones are considered to constitute a string which is an argument to that option. For instance -y32 means -y 32, not -y -3 -2, assuming that y is an option that requires an argument. Top level handler terminates by non-local exit back to mcvs function, rather than by calling (exit). * mcvs-main.lisp (mcvs-top-error-handler): Restructured to call (throw 'mcvs-exit t). (mcvs-execute): Ensure that NIL is returned by normal exit. (mcvs): Catches 'mcvs-exit throw, and calls (exit 0) or (exit 1) accordingly.
Renamed all ``filemap-'' functions to ``mapping-'' prefix. * mapping.lisp (filemap-generate-name, filemap-sort, filemap-extract-paths, filemap-lookup, filemap-prefix-lookup, filemap-prefix-matches, filemap-object-lookup, filemap-same-object-p, filemap-same-path-p, filemap-moved-p, filemap-rename-files, filemap-sane-p): Old names removed. (mapping-generate-name, mapping-sort, mapping-extract-paths, mapping-lookup, mapping-prefix-lookup, mapping-prefix-matches, mapping-object-lookup, mapping-same-object-p, mapping-same-path-p, mapping-moved-p, mapping-rename-files, mapping-sane-p): New names created. (mapping-read, mapping-write, mapping-synchronize, mapping-update): Edit calls to renamed functions. * add.lisp (mcvs-add): Likewise. * diff.lisp (mcvs-diff): Likewise. * filt.lisp (mcvs-filt): Likewise. * import.lisp (mcvs-import): Likewise. * move.lisp (simple-rename, simple-move-to-dir, move-guts): Likewise. * remove.lisp (mcvs-remove): Likewise.
Factored out repeated code for reading and writing of the MAP and MAP-LOCAL files. * mapping.lisp (mapping-read, mapping-write): New functions. (mapping-synchronize, mapping-update): Use new functions. * move.lisp (mcvs-move): Likewise. * filt.lisp (mcvs-filt): Likewise. * add.lisp (mcvs-add): Likewise. * remove.lisp (mcvs-remove): Likewise. * checkout.lisp (mcvs-checkout): Likewise. * diff.lisp (mcvs-diff): Likewise. * import.lisp (mcvs-import): Likewise.
MCVS is being renamed to Meta-CVS.
* move.lisp (move-guts): test the actual filesystem as well as the map for existence of a directory or file. This makes the move operation behave better. Files can be moved to an existing directory that is not known to MCVS, and a file can properly clobber a target file that is not known to MCVS. * clisp-linux.lisp (directory-p, regular-p, symlink-p): define methods for these generic functions for a NIL argument, such that they return NIL.
* move.lisp (simple-move-to-dir): eliminated a bunch of code with the result that mcvs mv now works more like the Unix mv when moving a directory to another directory. * mcvs-main.lisp (mcvs-execute): fix bogus error message when options are given but no command. * README: don't use -z3 in example because this style of specifying an argument to an option doesn't work.
Add "fi" shorthand for "filt".
* add.lisp (mcvs-add): Remove bogus test for NIL or T; allow recursivep to be a generalized boolean variable. This allows mcvs add -R to work properly. * mcvs-main.lisp (*cvs-command-options-arg*): add support for -u parameter, useful in cvs diff.
Bugfix for mcvs add -R.
This form allows you to request diffs between any two revisions of this file. For each of the two "sides" of the diff, select a symbolic revision name using the selection box, or choose 'Use Text Field' and enter a numeric revision.
|Powered by ViewVC 1.1.5|