Parent Directory | Revision Log
|Links to HEAD:||(view) (annotate)|
|Links to mcvs-0-6:||(view) (annotate)|
* add.lisp (mcvs-add): Last change completely broke add due to not breaking out of the retry loop.
* move.lisp (mcvs-move): If the mapping-update operation returns nil, or terminates by a non-local jump, restore the filemap. * mapping.lisp (mapping-update): When returning normally, return t. When returning after doing a rollback, return nil.
* error.lisp (mcvs-error-handler): Bugfix. We were closing over a binding of the iteration variable of a dolist, which has only one binding over the entire loop. * mapping.lisp (mapping-update): Gathers up info all local clobbered files, and then throw the error. Provides restart which allows user to print the list of clobbered files, and a restart which allows the user to have those files clobbered. * checkout.lisp (mcvs-checkout-wrapper): Bugfix for last bugfix.
* checkout.lisp (mcvs-checkout-wrapper): Bugfix for bad destructuring-bind if there are no arguments.
* mapping.lisp (mapping-difference): Reformatted documentation string. (mapping-update): Implemented a continue restart which rolls back the changes done to the local filesystem.
Don't provide special restart for keeping the add, because that will happen anyway if the user chooses to terminate. Restarts that do about the same thing as termination will certainly be confusing.
Wording change; don't say termination is graceful when it's not clear what that means.
* error.lisp (mcvs-error-handler): Rearranging the menu, so "T" is clumped with the main options, and any special restarts are clearly separated.
* update.lisp (mcvs-update): Re-print the "Invoking CVS" chatter if the user re-tries the error. * add.lisp (mcvs-add): CVS failure is now a restartable error; user can decide whether to roll back the effects, retry the CVS add, or keep the effects anyway despite the failed add. * install.sh: Stop the script if there are compilation errors.
* error.lisp (*mcvs-errors-occured-p*): New special variable. (mcvs-error-handler): Set *mcvs-errors-occured-p* to T. * mcvs-main.lisp (mcvs): Take *mcvs-errors-occured-p* into account in computing termination status.
Remove spurious newlines from error messages.
Adding some restarts around cvs update. * posix.lisp (execute-command-xargs): Bail with nil return value if any command line fails. * update.lisp (mcvs-update): Tests return value of execute-program and signal condition if it's nil. Provides a continue restart as well as a retry restart to try the command again. * error.lisp (mcvs-error-handler): Show retry restarts as a special menu item "R".
Added a much improved error handling routine in anticipation of better use of restarts. * error.lisp: New file (restart-destructure): New macro. (*mcvs-error-treatment*): Special variable, moved here from mcvs-main. (mcvs-error-handler): New function. * mcvs-main.lisp (mcvs-top-error-handler): Function removed. (mcvs-execute): Bind error to new mcvs-error-handler instad of mcvs-top-error-handler.
* mcvs-main.lisp (*mcvs-command-table*): The "stat" abbreviation for status command added.
Hooking conversion tool into command structure. * mcvs-main.lisp (*convert-options*): New constant. (*mcvs-command-table*): New entry for mcvs-convert-wrapper. * convert.lisp (mcvs-convert): Fix reference to nonexistent variable. (mcvs-convert-wrapper): New function.
* convert.lisp: New file. Contains conversion utility to make an Meta-CVS repository from an ordinary CVS repository, while preserving all history, tags and branches. (remove-attic-component, classify-tags, read-tags, mcvs-convert): New functions. * posix.lisp (suffix): New function. Computes suffix of file. (execute-program-xargs): New optional parameter, for specifying fixed part added at the end of each generated command line. * mapping.lisp (*mcvs-map-name*, *mcvs-local-map-name*): New constants. (*mcvs-map*, *mcvs-map-local*): Redefined in terms of new constants. (mapping-generate-name): New key parameter no-dir for not adding the directory prefix.
* checkout.lisp (mcvs-checkout): Ensure local mapping is sorted when written out, for easier comparisons.
* sync.lisp (synchronize-files): Return :dir symbol when either argument is a directory. * mapping.lisp (mapping-synchronize): Chatter output messages are shorter. Handles :dir return value from synchronize-files. (mapping-update): New sanity checks for moved and added files, to avoid clobbering local files. Removed redundant call to ensure-directories-exit in move logic, because synchronize-files will do it anyway. Chatter messages reordered to occur before their corresponding action is done. * mcvs-main.lisp (*mcvs-error-treatment*): Special variable can have new domain value, namely :decline. (mcvs-top-error-handler): Print error message when terminating non-restartable error. Handle new :decline treatment by simply returning. (mcvs-debug-shell): Set *mcvs-error-treatment* to :decline so that errors are caught by debugger.
* mapping.lisp (mapping-sort): Removed function. (mapping-write): Sort written map by F- file names, not by path names. This is far better for merging, because files stay in the same place when they are renamed.
Added status, log and annotate. * mcvs-main.lisp: (*log-options*, *status-options*, *annotate-options*): New constants. (*mcvs-command-table*): Add new entries. * generic-lisp (mcvs-log-wrapper, mcvs-status-wrapper, mcvs-annotate-wrapper): New functions.
Added tag command. * diff.lisp: File renamed to generic.lisp. (mcvs-diff): Function renamed to mcvs-generic. * generic.lisp (mcvs-generic): Function no longer dedicated to diffing only; takes CVS command to execute as an argument, also takes arguments and files as separate lists. (mcvs-diff-wrapper): Modified to invoke mcvs-generic properly. (mcvs-tag-wrapper): New function, uses mcvs-generic to implement tag command. * mcvs-main.lisp (*tag-options*): New constant. (*mcvs-command-table*): New entry for tag command.
Added workaround for operating system argument passing limitations, resembling the Unix xargs utility. Also, trimmed some fat from the basename function. * clisp-linux.lisp: (*argument-limit*): New constant added. (arglist-to-command-string): Function removed. (execute-program): Function removed. (shell-interpreter): New function, wrapper for CLISP's shell function, turns exit status into T (success) or NIL (failure). * diff.lisp (mcvs-diff): Uses execute-program-xargs instead of execute-program. * posix.lisp (basename): Does not canonicalize path name. This turns out to be an unnecessary performance hit in some cases. (arglist-to-command-string): New function. Similar to what was removed from clisp-linux, but this one properly escapes all shell metacharacters. (execute-program): New function, calls shell-interpreter. (execute-program-xargs): New function. Takes two argument lists. Forms one or more command lines by combining the first argument list with one or more pieces of the second argument list, and executes each command. The length of the pieces is determined by the argument passing limit. * dirwalk.lisp (ensure-directories-gone): Add use of canonicalize-path because basename doesn't do it.
Algorithmic efficiency improvements. No longer using abstract set operations to update file structure or find duplicates in the maps. Could still streamline the sorting. * mapping.lisp (mapping-sort): Express more succinctly using key. (mapping-dupe-check): Rewrite using loop over sorted lists. (mapping-difference): New function for computing mapping change. (mapping-update): Modify to use mapping-difference.
* mapping.lisp (mapping-update): When moving files, ensure that the target is unlinked if it exists. * move.lisp (simple-rename): No longer do target unlinking here. Also bugfix: it wasn't handling renames of directories containing just one file.
* checkout.lisp (mcvs-checkout): Checkout also performs sanity check.
* mapping.lisp (mapping-dupe-check): New function for detecting duplicate objects or paths in a mapping. (mapping-sane-p): Function removed. (mapping-read): Use mapping-dupe-check to verify a map when asked by the sanity-check keyword. (mapping-update): Specify sanity check when reading MCVS/MAP.
* mcvs-main.lisp (mcvs): Use CLISP's exit function correctly to establish proper termination status.
* options.lisp (parse-opt): Correctly process long options with arguments. Argument is part of the string, separated by = symbol.
* mcvs-main.lisp (mcvs-execute): Parse command-specific options properly based on knowledge of each command's set of options. (parse-args): Function removed.
* options.lisp (parse-opt): When multiple options characters are bunched up into one argument, and one of them other than the last one takes an argument, then the remaining ones are considered to constitute a string which is an argument to that option. For instance -y32 means -y 32, not -y -3 -2, assuming that y is an option that requires an argument. Top level handler terminates by non-local exit back to mcvs function, rather than by calling (exit). * mcvs-main.lisp (mcvs-top-error-handler): Restructured to call (throw 'mcvs-exit t). (mcvs-execute): Ensure that NIL is returned by normal exit. (mcvs): Catches 'mcvs-exit throw, and calls (exit 0) or (exit 1) accordingly.
Renamed all ``filemap-'' functions to ``mapping-'' prefix. * mapping.lisp (filemap-generate-name, filemap-sort, filemap-extract-paths, filemap-lookup, filemap-prefix-lookup, filemap-prefix-matches, filemap-object-lookup, filemap-same-object-p, filemap-same-path-p, filemap-moved-p, filemap-rename-files, filemap-sane-p): Old names removed. (mapping-generate-name, mapping-sort, mapping-extract-paths, mapping-lookup, mapping-prefix-lookup, mapping-prefix-matches, mapping-object-lookup, mapping-same-object-p, mapping-same-path-p, mapping-moved-p, mapping-rename-files, mapping-sane-p): New names created. (mapping-read, mapping-write, mapping-synchronize, mapping-update): Edit calls to renamed functions. * add.lisp (mcvs-add): Likewise. * diff.lisp (mcvs-diff): Likewise. * filt.lisp (mcvs-filt): Likewise. * import.lisp (mcvs-import): Likewise. * move.lisp (simple-rename, simple-move-to-dir, move-guts): Likewise. * remove.lisp (mcvs-remove): Likewise.
Factored out repeated code for reading and writing of the MAP and MAP-LOCAL files. * mapping.lisp (mapping-read, mapping-write): New functions. (mapping-synchronize, mapping-update): Use new functions. * move.lisp (mcvs-move): Likewise. * filt.lisp (mcvs-filt): Likewise. * add.lisp (mcvs-add): Likewise. * remove.lisp (mcvs-remove): Likewise. * checkout.lisp (mcvs-checkout): Likewise. * diff.lisp (mcvs-diff): Likewise. * import.lisp (mcvs-import): Likewise.
MCVS is being renamed to Meta-CVS.
* move.lisp (move-guts): test the actual filesystem as well as the map for existence of a directory or file. This makes the move operation behave better. Files can be moved to an existing directory that is not known to MCVS, and a file can properly clobber a target file that is not known to MCVS. * clisp-linux.lisp (directory-p, regular-p, symlink-p): define methods for these generic functions for a NIL argument, such that they return NIL.
* move.lisp (simple-move-to-dir): eliminated a bunch of code with the result that mcvs mv now works more like the Unix mv when moving a directory to another directory. * mcvs-main.lisp (mcvs-execute): fix bogus error message when options are given but no command. * README: don't use -z3 in example because this style of specifying an argument to an option doesn't work.
Add "fi" shorthand for "filt".
* add.lisp (mcvs-add): Remove bogus test for NIL or T; allow recursivep to be a generalized boolean variable. This allows mcvs add -R to work properly. * mcvs-main.lisp (*cvs-command-options-arg*): add support for -u parameter, useful in cvs diff.
Bugfix for mcvs add -R.
This form allows you to request diffs between any two revisions of this file. For each of the two "sides" of the diff, select a symbolic revision name using the selection box, or choose 'Use Text Field' and enter a numeric revision.
|Powered by ViewVC 1.1.5|