Parent Directory | Revision Log
|Links to HEAD:||(view) (annotate)|
|Links to mcvs-0-20:||(view) (annotate)|
* INSTALL: Revising CLISP installation instructions to the easier method using --build.
* code/generic.lisp (mcvs-generic): Support new keyword, :no-fix-empty-file-list. Specifies that if no files are passed, and the --metaonly option is not present, the CVS command is to be executed without any file arguments. (mcvs-commit-wrapper): Specify :no-fix-empty-file-list t when calling mcvs-generic. Thus commit now has the behavior that when it is passed no file arguments, it does a true global commit.
* code/restore.lisp (mcvs-restore): Work properly with partial sandboxes; that is, move things to lost+found directory at the top of the partial sandbox, rather than the abstract root.
* code/mcvs-main.lisp (usage): Updated to describe restore command.
* code/grab.lisp (mcvs-grab): If there are only added files or only removed files, don't bother scanning any files, since there are no moves to compute.
Start using paths to refer to files.
* find-bind.lisp (vector-bind): New macro, binds symbols to elements of a vector. (find-bind-extract-vals): Rewrite using vectors. Fixes a bug: the old version was not handling duplicate keys properly. (find-bind): Integrate with new find-bind-extract-vals.
*** empty log message ***
* move.lisp (move-guts): When moving multiple sources to a target directory, provide a restart to skip a bad source.
* seqfuncs.lisp (intersection-difference): Support a new keyword parameter :squash-nil. * mapping.lisp (mapping-difference): Filter non-moved pairs directly in intersection-difference call using :squash-nil, eliminating the need to do a second remove-if pass.
* mapping.lisp (mapping-difference): Rewrite using intersection-difference.
* grab.lisp (added-removed): Function removed. (mcvs-grab): Use new intersection-difference function instead of added-removed.
* seqfuncs.lisp (intersection-difference): New function.
Merging from partial-sandbox-branch.
* grab.lisp (mcvs-grab): Bugfix: determination of common words was failing on small file sets because the min function was used instead of the max to compute the threshold.
* find-bind.lisp (find-bind-extract-vals): Rewrite for efficiency. No impact on Meta-CVS, just done for the sake of improving the quality of this highly reusable code. There is specialized code now depending on whether the input sequence is a list or a vector. A single pass is made over the sequence, with multiple passes over the search values. The sequence could be large, whereas the list of search values is typically going to be small. (find-bind): Modified to reflect slight interface change in find-bind-extract-vals.
*** empty log message ***
* purge.lisp (mcvs-purge): Factor out code for computing deleted files. * mapping.lisp (mapping-removed-files): New function, contains code factored from mcvs-purge. * restore.lisp: New file. (mcvs-restore, mcvs-restore-wrapper): New functions.
* checkout.lisp (mcvs-checkout): Don't delete the MCVS directory of an existing checkout.
Adding purge command. * mcvs-main.lisp (*purge-options*): New constant. (*mcvs-command-table*): New entry. (*usage*): Update. * purge.lisp: New file. (mcvs-purge, mcvs-purge-wrapper): New functions.
Grab no longer synchronizes to recreate deleted files immediately before blowing them away. * grab.lisp (mcvs-grab): Specify :no-sync t when calling mcvs-remove. * remove.lisp (mcvs-remove): Support new no-sync keyword. This tells mcvs-remove that the files being removed from the mapping, don't exist in the sandbox. So it's not necessary to call mapping-synchronize, and mapping-update can be told via :no-delete-removed t not to try to remove deleted files. * mapping.lisp (mapping-update): New no-delete-removed keyword parameter.
* create.lisp (mcvs-create): Take out vendor branch parameter, use "Created-by-Meta-CVS" as the vendor tag. (mcvs-create-wrapper): Take out vendor branch parameter.
* generic.lisp (mcvs-tag-wrapper): This one needs to include meta files by default.
Fix wrong dates.
* options.lisp (*nometa-option*): Eliminated rid useless docstring. (*meta-option*): New variable. (*nometa-option*): New variable. (filter-global-options): Clean rewrite using find-bind. * generic.lisp (mcvs-generic): New keyword parameters default-include-meta-files, need-update-after. Implements new logic related to the new options. Performs (mapping-update) if need-update-after is true and metafiles were subject to cvs update. (mcvs-commit-wrapper): Calls mcvs-generic with :default-include-meta-files t. * update.lisp (mcvs-update): No longer overrides the *nometa-option* special variable. Passes :need-update-after t to mcvs-generic. * mcvs-main.lisp (*cvs-options*): New options entered into list.
* memoize.lisp (memoize-expander): Use ordinary hash for memoizing monadic functions.
Change similarity threshold to 30%.
* grab.lisp (read-word-hash): Use #'equalp test for case-insensitive string comparisons. (added-removed): Use string< instead of string-lessp for comparing paths. (determine-common-words, eliminate-common-words): New functions. (move-candidates): Acceptance threshold reduced to 50%, since elimination of common words reduces the similarity correlation. (mcvs-grab): Use string< instead of string-lessp when sorting paths. Do the common words computation. * mapping.lisp (mapping-dupe-check, mapping-write, mapping-difference): Use string< instead of string-lessp.
* memoize.lisp (factor-memo-labels): New function, rips apart functions generated by memoize-expander, in order to factor out the multi-hash defining let blocks. (memoized-labels): Interface corrected. Also, use new function to generate a labels block that allows for mutually recursive memoized functions which preserve hash contents across arbitrarily mutually recursive calls. This is done by enclosing the functions in one big let block which binds all the hashes.
* seqfuncs.lisp (lcs-list): Specify #'eq test for memoization parameters.
Adding some cool code: a multi-hash datatype which implements multi-dimensional sparse arrays using a tree of hash tables, and a function memoizer which uses multi hash to index on function arguments. * multi-hash.lisp (multi-hash): New class. (initialize-instance): New method on multi-hash. (multi-hash-common-code): New macro. (get-multi-hash, set-multi-hash): New functions. * memoize.lisp (define-memoized-function, memoized-labels): New macros. (remove-key-aux-rest strip-lambda-list, extract-tests, remove-tests, memoize-expander): New functions. * seqfuncs.lisp (lcs-list): Function is now correctly memoized using define-memoized-function.
* grab.lisp (read-word-hash): Memory use optimizations: use smaller initial size for tokens; re-use the same token object when the hash already contains a duplicate. (correlate): Renamed to correlate-word-hashes. (correlate-paths): New function; computes a confidence-reducing factor based on the differences between two paths. (move-candidates): Use correlate-paths to lower the confidence for distant moves. This could help sort out ambiguities when projects contain very similar or duplicate files which are subject to parallel moves. * seqfuncs.lisp (lcs-list, lcs-vector, longest-common-subsequence): New functions.
New feature: grab command. Takes snapshot of code and imports it to a branch, trying to determine which of the added and removed files are actually moves. * grab.lisp: New file. (read-word-hash, word-hash-file, correlate, added-removed, move-candidates, mcvs-grab, mcvs-grab-wrapper): New functions. * mcvs-main.lisp (*grab-options*): New constant. (*mcvs-command-table*): New entry. (*usage*): New text. * checkout.lisp (mcvs-checkout): Write out MAP-LOCAL even if :no-generate t is specified.
* checkout.lisp (mcvs-checkout): New key parameter, no-generate. Tells the checkout function not to unpack the MCVS directory. This will be useful when mcvs-checkout is used as a subfunction of the new grab command. Failed CVS call is now turned into an error. The MCVS subdirectory is *always* deleted, even if the checkout did not create the checkout directory.
* dirwalk.lisp (dirwalk-fi): Bugfix: top call was not passing down keyword parameters to recursive call.
* posix.lisp (canonicalize-path): Use concatenate-string instead of format.
* posix.lisp (parse-posix-namestring): Clean rewrite.
The ``import'' command is renamed to ``create''. * mcvs.main (*create-options*): Renamed to *import-options*. (*mcvs-command-table*): Updated. (*usage*): Updated. * import.lisp: File renamed to create.lisp. (mcvs-import): Renamed to mcvs-create; some arguments renamed. (mcvs-import-wrapper): Renamed to mcvs-create-wrapper. * README: Updated.
* split.lisp (split-fields): Optimized to extract tokens directly from the input string using subseq rather than construct them character by character.
* split.lisp (split-fields): Optimized to build tokens using vector-push-extend rather than format.
* find-bind.lisp (find-bind): Use #'values instead of #'(lambda (x) x).
* clisp-linux.sh (:clisp-old): Added to *features* for CLISP 2.28 or higher. (*null-pointer*): Only defined when :clisp-old is present. (pointer-null): Use new ffi:foreign-pointer-null if :clisp-old feature is not present. * install.sh: Don't do *null-pointer* workaround hack unless :clisp-old feature is present in the memory image.
* types.lisp (types-make-cvs-adds): Serious bugfix. Forgot to strip MCVS/ prefix from those F- files which don't match any type entries. This caused cvs add to fail for unsuffixed files.
* types.lisp (types-to-import-wrapper-args): Don't use backquote template to generate a list that will be destructively catenated by mapcan.
* checkout.lisp (mcvs-checkout): If a checkout directory is created and then the CVS checkout fails, the directory is then removed.
* find-bind (find-bind-extract-vals, find-bind): Process default values in find-bind-extract-vals, instead of in the expansion of find-bind, thereby reducing some macro bloat.
* remap.lisp (mcvs-remap): Loads MAP as well as MAP-LOCAL. If it the mappings differ, an error is signaled. The user can choose to ignore the error, in which case MAP is clobbered.
Adding mcvs remap command. * dirwalk.lisp (dirwalk-fi, dirwalk, for-each-file-info): Default behavior is now preorder (visit directory before its entries). A keyword is provided to select the old postorder behavior. A catch is provided in dirwalk-fi that allows the caller to skip processing the currently traversed directory. The for-each-* macros provide a local function called (skip) to do this. (delete-recursive): This function depends on postorder behavior in for-each-file-info, so it explicitly selects it now. * mcvs.lisp (*remap-options*): New constant. (*mcvs-command-table*): Add entry for new function. (*usage*): Describes new function. * remap.lisp: New file. (mcvs-remap, mcvs-remap-wrapper): New functions.
* sync.lisp (synchronize-files): Signal an error when the two files to be synchronized have the same time stamp. Provide two restarts for doing the synchronization either way.
* mapping.lisp (in-sandbox-root-dir): Fix symbol macro sandbox-down-path; it was referring to the (quote #:DOWNPATH-NNN) rather than #:DOWNPATH-NNN.
* import.lisp (mcvs-import): Specify -I ! argument to cvs import so that it does not ignore any F- files.
* mapping.lisp (mapping-update): Provide restart that allows user to ignore file removal error.
Porting to CMUCL. * system.lisp: Conditionally load new module cmucl-unix. * mapping.lisp (mapping-dupe-check, mapping-write, mapping-difference): Fixes related to sort function; we were relying on CLISP's preservation of the cons cell order. * cmucl-unix.lisp: New file.
Remove check that disables checking out to existing places other than the current directory. Added check for existing MCVS subdirectory in the target directory.
* checkout.lisp (mcvs-checkout): Allow -d to specify current directory as the checkout directory. Do not complain if the target directory exists, just try to use it anyway. Use the mapping-update function to update the sandbox. These changes allow a Meta-CVS sandbox to blend with an existing directory structure, a useful feature.
* generic.lisp (mcvs-generic): Change how empty file argument list is handled. Rather than rewriting it to '(".") we do a proper map-prefix-lookup. Synchronizing and invoking CVS is elided if the resulting list of files to process is empty and the --nometa option is specified.
* branch.lisp (parse-sticky): New function. (read-cvs-entries): New function. (same-tag-check): New function. (what-tag-are-we-on): Renamed to what-are-we-sticky-to. Calls parse-sticky to return structured tag. (mcvs-merge): Make use of structured tags. (mcvs-list-branches): Make use of structured tags. Indicate when sandbox is inconsistently sticky.
* remove.lisp (mcvs-remove): Corrected careless bracketing introduced on 2002-03-15 (1.16) that rendered this function ineffective.
Absolute paths resolved against sandbox root. * posix.lisp (path-absolute-p): New function. Predicate to test whether a path is absolute. * mapping.lisp (in-sandbox-root-dir): sandbox-translate-paths function detects absolute path, and treats it as relative to sandbox root.
New switch command added, plus sticky tag related bugfixes and enhancement of mcvs list-branches. mcvs-main.lisp (*switch-options*): New constant. (*mcvs-command-table*): New entries. (*usage*): New help text. branch.lisp (what-branch-are-we-on): Function renamed to what-tag-are-we-on. Tests the first letter which is T or N; if it is not T, then it's not a branch tag. If there is a tag, it returns two values; the second value is NIL if it is not a branch tag, T otherwise. (mcvs-merge): Modified to use what-tag-are-we-on. (mcvs-list-branches): Show additional information about the current sticky tag. (mcvs-merge-wrapper): Fix wrong parenthesization introduced earlier today. (mcvs-switch-wrapper): New function.
* branch.lisp (branch-tag-check): Check reserved symbol HEAD.
New command to list branches. * mcvs-main.lisp (*list-branches-options*): New constant. (*mcvs-command-table*): Entries for new command added. (*usage*): Help text added. * branch.lisp (mcvs-list-branches, mcvs-list-branches-wrapper): New functions.
* branch.lisp (where-is-the-repository): New function. (cvs-make-or-advance-tag): Pass down CVSROOT to cvs rtag using the -d global option.
* branch.lisp (what-module-is-this): New function. (cvs-make-or-advance-tag): Use rtag rather than tag for tagging the branch being merged. This fixes the failure to merge added files. (mcvs-merge): Use mcvs-update rather than directly using cvs.
Implemented remerge command; redo a merge without moving around any tags. * branch.lisp (mcvs-merge): New keyword parameter remerge-p to indicate that a re-merge should be done, plus logic for doing so. (mcvs-remerge-wrapper): New function. * mcvs-main.lisp (*remerge-options*): New constant. (*mcvs-command-table*): New entry for remerge command.
First cut at implementing more automated branching and merging. * mcvs-main.lisp (*branch-options*, *merge-options*): New constants. (*mcvs-command-table*): New entries for branch and merge commands. (*usage*): New help text. * branch.lisp: New file. (*branch-char*): New constant. (tags-from-cvs-log, what-branch-are-we-on, branch-tag-check, mcvs-branch, mcvs-branch-wrapper, cvs-make-or-advance-tag, mcvs-merge, mcvs-merge-wrapper): New functions.
checkout.lisp (mcvs-checkout): Emit informational message when checkout completes, because it's not obvious what directory was just created.
Error checking added to mcvs move: verifies that all sources exist and are known to Meta-CVS. * move.lisp (source-check): New function. (simple-rename, simple-move-to-dir): Use new function.
* rcsparse.lisp: File renamed to rcs-utils.lisp. (rcs-delta): New slot, delta-hash. (rcs-make-delta-hash): New function. (rcs-parse): Calls rcs-make-delta-hash to set up new slot. * convert.lisp: require changed to match file rename.
Some new macros for slot access. * slot-refs.lisp: New file. (with-slot-refs): New macro. (with-multi-slot-refs): New macro. * rcsparse.lisp (rcs-parse-newphrases, rcs-parse-admin, rcs-parse-delta): Replace uses of symbol-macrolet by with-slot-refs and with-multi-slot-refs.
* rcsparse.lisp (rcs-delta): New struct. (rcs-file): New slot, deltas. (rcs-parse-newphrases): New function, factors out parsing of ``newphrases'' syntactic element out of rcs-parse-admin. (rcs-parse-admin): Use rcs-parse-newphrases. (rcs-parse-delta, rcs-parse-deltas): New functions. (rcs-parse): Parse both admin and deltas; store deltas in new rcs-file slot.
* posix.lisp (parse-posix-namestring): New function. Converts POSIX path to CL Path object. * rcsparse.lisp: New file (rcs-admin, rcs-file, rcs-token, rcs-token-stream): New structs. (rcs-peek-token, rcs-read-token): New generic functions. (rcs-extract-id-sym-or-num, rcs-extract-string, rcs-match-optional, rcs-match-token, rcs-parse, rcs-parse-admin, rcs-special-p): New functions. * convert.lisp (classify-tags): Work with association list rather than raw strings. (mcvs-convert): Use rcs-parse to extract tags. Fix call to mapping-generate name. Use parse-posix-namestring when opening version file. Generate informative chatter.
* remove.lisp (mcvs-remove): More detailed error checking. Checks for remove attempts against MCVS/ area, removes of local files not versioned under Meta-CVS, and nonexistent files.
* add.lisp (mcvs-add): Error message changed to tell user to use -R to add directory. * remove.lisp (mcvs-remove): New generalized boolean parameter indicates to do a recursive remove. This is controlled by the -R option which already exists. Behavior changed to not act on directories unless recursion is explicitly requested. (mcvs-remove-wrapper): Extract "R" option, pass down new boolean to mcvs-remove.
* remove.lisp (mcvs-remove-wrapper): Remove bogus error check.
* checkout.lisp (mcvs-checkout): Bugfix: must use checkout-dir, not module, when testing whether directory exists or was created properly.
Update takes file arguments now. * update.lisp (mcvs-update): If filename arguments are given, then just call mcvs-generic to do the work, but suppress the operation on meta files. If no filename arguments are given, then update everything. If the -p option is present, no synchronization is needed, before or after. (mcvs-update-wrapper): Pass command arguments down to mcvs-update. * mcvs-main.lisp (*update-options*): Add "p" option. * generic.lisp (mcvs-generic): New keyword parameter need-sync-after, a generalized boolean which can tell the function to do a mapping-synchronize after executing the CVS command.
* filt.lisp (filt-select-map): Do allow a date and revision to be specified; the revision could be a branch tag.
* mapping.lisp (malformed-map): New function. (mapping-dupe-check): Perform extra error checks when reading mapping, and turn them into a condition with a ``nice'' error message.
* mcvs-filt.lisp (filt-select-map): Handle error gracefully when reading map. It's easy to give CVS is a nonexistent tag.
The filt command takes arguments to select alternate revision of map. * mcvs-main.lisp (*filt-options*): New constant. (*mcvs-command-table*): Updated with new options. (mcvs-debug-shell): Restart name changed during debugging of filt changes. * filt.lisp (filt-select-map): New function. Loads either the local mapping, or retrieves an alternate mapping from CVS based on command line options. (mcvs-filt): Use filt-select-map rather than mapping-read.
* generic.lisp (mcvs-generic): Add .cvsignore to the list of metafiles.
* import.lisp (mcvs-import): Create a .cvsignore file for ignoring MAP-LOCAL.
Fix trailing slash bug in mcvs mv. * move.lisp (simple-move-to-dir): Canonicalize path after catenating destination and file base name. This nukes a double slash if we move to a name with a trailing slash. (move-guts): Treat a destination name that has a trailing slash as a directory, unless it exists already as a non-directory.
* mcvs-main.lisp (*cvs-options*): Added "error-terminate" and "error-continue". (*usage*): Update and reformat help text. (mcvs-execute): Process "error-terminate" and "error-continue" options.
* mapping.lisp (mapping-update): Messages related to moving, adding or removing files promoted to terse level, so only -Q can suppress them.
* update.lisp (mcvs-update): Changing level of chatter messages. * move.lisp (mcvs-move): Likewise. * add.lisp (mcvs-add): Likewise. * remove.lisp (mcvs-remove): Likewise. * checkout.lisp (mcvs-checkout): Likewise. * generic.lisp (mcvs-generic): Likewise. * import.lisp (mcvs-import): Likewise. * mapping.lisp (mapping-dupe-check): Likewise. (mapping-update): Likewise.
Support for -q, -Q and -e global options. * posix.lisp (*editor*): New special variable. (edit-file): Check *editor* variable; if not nil, use it. * mcvs-main.lisp (*usage*): Update help text. (mcvs-execute): Set *mcvs-chatter-level* according to -q or -Q. Set *editor* if -e is specified.
* mcvs-main.lisp (*cvs-options*): Remove obsolete "a". (*cvs-options-arg*): Add missing "r". (*usage*): New constant, help text. (mcvs-execute): Process help and version command line options.
* options.lisp (parse-opt): Make error messages more consistent.
* find-bind.lisp (find-bind): Make rem-var optional; sometimes the user might not care about the remaining unmatched list.
* find-bind.lisp (find-bind): Documentation string change. Clarify that default values are substituted whenever a variable would otherwise be bound to the value NIL, even through an explicit match.
Sane filtering of -d option in checkout. * find-bind.lisp (find-bind): Variable bindings can specify a third element, which provides a default value for any variables that turn out NIL. * checkout.lisp (mcvs-checkout): Filter out the -d dir option, and use it to override the name of the checkout directory, the way CVS checkout does it.
*** empty log message ***
* find-bind.lisp: New file. (find-bind-extract-vals): New function. (find-bind): New macro. * error.lisp (restart-destructure): Macro removed. (mcvs-error-handler): Uses generic find-bind instead of restart-destructure.
* filt.lisp (mcvs-filt): Bugfix: do not stop processing line if F- file name is not found in hash table.
Commit is handled through mcvs-generic, so it can take filename arguments, and honor --nometa. * commit.lisp: File removed. (mcvs-commit): Function removed. (mcvs-commit-wrapper): Moved to generic.lisp. * generic.lisp (mcvs-commit-wrapper): Moved from commit.lisp, changed to invoke mcvs-generic. (mcvs-generic): Only add TYPES file to list if it actually exists.
New --nometa command line option. * mcvs-main.lisp (*cvs-options*): Add "nometa" to list. (mcvs-execute): Filter global options to recognize Meta-CVS-specific ones. * options.lisp (*nometa-option*): New special variable. (filter-global-options): New function. * generic.lisp (mcvs-generic): Honor *nometa-option* special variable.
* generic.lisp (mcvs-generic): Make sure TYPES file is included in list of files.
* mcvs-main.lisp (*add-options*): Support -R option for add. Thus, recursive add works now.
Fix mcvs filt so it handles suffixed F- files properly. * filt.lisp (make-filt-hash): New function. (mcvs-filt): After matching hex digits, also check for a suffix match.
Support for file type keyword treatment under mcvs add. * add.lisp (mcvs-add): Restructured to build up list of new file suffixes, allow the user to edit the file which determines how they are treated, filter out ignored files and pass -k options to multiple cvs adds. * types.lisp (*mcvs-new-types*): New constant. (*types-comments*): Constant moved here from import.lisp. (types-remove-ignores): New function. Code factored out from mcvs-import. (types-let-user-edit): Likewise. (types-make-cvs-adds): New function. * import.lisp (*types-comments*): Constant removed. Moved to types.lisp (mcvs-import): Code factored out to new functions in types.lisp, which are also used by add.lisp.
* print.lisp: New file. (print-assoc-list): New function. * types.lisp: Use print-assoc-list to nicely print the types. * import.lisp (mcvs-import): Don't bother getting user to edit the types if the type list is empty. In fact, don't even create the file. * add.lisp (mcvs-add): Use new form of mapping-generate-name.
* import.lisp (mcvs-import): Fix broken restart for re-editing the types file. (*types-comments*): Drastically shorten the help text.
Support for filetypes in import. * posix.lisp (suffix): Separator character parameter is optional; multiple occurences of character lead to one big suffix like ".tar.gz" instead of ".gz". A leading dot means it's not a suffix but a hidden file like ".exrc". (edit-file): New function, brings up text editor for specified file. * clisp-linux.lisp (env-lookup): New function for environment variable lookup. * types.lisp: New source file. (*mcvs-types-name*, *mcvs-types*): New constants for TYPES filename. (types-read, types-write, types-sanity-check, types-to-import-wrapper-args): New functions. * import.lisp (*types-comments*): New constant. (mcvs-import): Restructured to build up list of file suffixes, allow the user to edit the file which determines how they are treated, filter out ignored files and pass -W options to cvs import to handle the rest. Failed cvs import is turned into restartable condition. * mapping.lisp (mapping-generate-name): Takes a suffix parameter. The F-files now carry a suffix obtained from the original file, because I have concluded that this was the only reasonable way to integrate with CVS.
* add.lisp (mcvs-add): Last change completely broke add due to not breaking out of the retry loop.
* move.lisp (mcvs-move): If the mapping-update operation returns nil, or terminates by a non-local jump, restore the filemap. * mapping.lisp (mapping-update): When returning normally, return t. When returning after doing a rollback, return nil.
* error.lisp (mcvs-error-handler): Bugfix. We were closing over a binding of the iteration variable of a dolist, which has only one binding over the entire loop. * mapping.lisp (mapping-update): Gathers up info all local clobbered files, and then throw the error. Provides restart which allows user to print the list of clobbered files, and a restart which allows the user to have those files clobbered. * checkout.lisp (mcvs-checkout-wrapper): Bugfix for last bugfix.
* checkout.lisp (mcvs-checkout-wrapper): Bugfix for bad destructuring-bind if there are no arguments.
* mapping.lisp (mapping-difference): Reformatted documentation string. (mapping-update): Implemented a continue restart which rolls back the changes done to the local filesystem.
Don't provide special restart for keeping the add, because that will happen anyway if the user chooses to terminate. Restarts that do about the same thing as termination will certainly be confusing.
Wording change; don't say termination is graceful when it's not clear what that means.
* error.lisp (mcvs-error-handler): Rearranging the menu, so "T" is clumped with the main options, and any special restarts are clearly separated.
* update.lisp (mcvs-update): Re-print the "Invoking CVS" chatter if the user re-tries the error. * add.lisp (mcvs-add): CVS failure is now a restartable error; user can decide whether to roll back the effects, retry the CVS add, or keep the effects anyway despite the failed add. * install.sh: Stop the script if there are compilation errors.
* error.lisp (*mcvs-errors-occured-p*): New special variable. (mcvs-error-handler): Set *mcvs-errors-occured-p* to T. * mcvs-main.lisp (mcvs): Take *mcvs-errors-occured-p* into account in computing termination status.
Remove spurious newlines from error messages.
Adding some restarts around cvs update. * posix.lisp (execute-command-xargs): Bail with nil return value if any command line fails. * update.lisp (mcvs-update): Tests return value of execute-program and signal condition if it's nil. Provides a continue restart as well as a retry restart to try the command again. * error.lisp (mcvs-error-handler): Show retry restarts as a special menu item "R".
Added a much improved error handling routine in anticipation of better use of restarts. * error.lisp: New file (restart-destructure): New macro. (*mcvs-error-treatment*): Special variable, moved here from mcvs-main. (mcvs-error-handler): New function. * mcvs-main.lisp (mcvs-top-error-handler): Function removed. (mcvs-execute): Bind error to new mcvs-error-handler instad of mcvs-top-error-handler.
* mcvs-main.lisp (*mcvs-command-table*): The "stat" abbreviation for status command added.
Hooking conversion tool into command structure. * mcvs-main.lisp (*convert-options*): New constant. (*mcvs-command-table*): New entry for mcvs-convert-wrapper. * convert.lisp (mcvs-convert): Fix reference to nonexistent variable. (mcvs-convert-wrapper): New function.
* convert.lisp: New file. Contains conversion utility to make an Meta-CVS repository from an ordinary CVS repository, while preserving all history, tags and branches. (remove-attic-component, classify-tags, read-tags, mcvs-convert): New functions. * posix.lisp (suffix): New function. Computes suffix of file. (execute-program-xargs): New optional parameter, for specifying fixed part added at the end of each generated command line. * mapping.lisp (*mcvs-map-name*, *mcvs-local-map-name*): New constants. (*mcvs-map*, *mcvs-map-local*): Redefined in terms of new constants. (mapping-generate-name): New key parameter no-dir for not adding the directory prefix.
* checkout.lisp (mcvs-checkout): Ensure local mapping is sorted when written out, for easier comparisons.
* sync.lisp (synchronize-files): Return :dir symbol when either argument is a directory. * mapping.lisp (mapping-synchronize): Chatter output messages are shorter. Handles :dir return value from synchronize-files. (mapping-update): New sanity checks for moved and added files, to avoid clobbering local files. Removed redundant call to ensure-directories-exit in move logic, because synchronize-files will do it anyway. Chatter messages reordered to occur before their corresponding action is done. * mcvs-main.lisp (*mcvs-error-treatment*): Special variable can have new domain value, namely :decline. (mcvs-top-error-handler): Print error message when terminating non-restartable error. Handle new :decline treatment by simply returning. (mcvs-debug-shell): Set *mcvs-error-treatment* to :decline so that errors are caught by debugger.
* mapping.lisp (mapping-sort): Removed function. (mapping-write): Sort written map by F- file names, not by path names. This is far better for merging, because files stay in the same place when they are renamed.
Added status, log and annotate. * mcvs-main.lisp: (*log-options*, *status-options*, *annotate-options*): New constants. (*mcvs-command-table*): Add new entries. * generic-lisp (mcvs-log-wrapper, mcvs-status-wrapper, mcvs-annotate-wrapper): New functions.
Added tag command. * diff.lisp: File renamed to generic.lisp. (mcvs-diff): Function renamed to mcvs-generic. * generic.lisp (mcvs-generic): Function no longer dedicated to diffing only; takes CVS command to execute as an argument, also takes arguments and files as separate lists. (mcvs-diff-wrapper): Modified to invoke mcvs-generic properly. (mcvs-tag-wrapper): New function, uses mcvs-generic to implement tag command. * mcvs-main.lisp (*tag-options*): New constant. (*mcvs-command-table*): New entry for tag command.
Added workaround for operating system argument passing limitations, resembling the Unix xargs utility. Also, trimmed some fat from the basename function. * clisp-linux.lisp: (*argument-limit*): New constant added. (arglist-to-command-string): Function removed. (execute-program): Function removed. (shell-interpreter): New function, wrapper for CLISP's shell function, turns exit status into T (success) or NIL (failure). * diff.lisp (mcvs-diff): Uses execute-program-xargs instead of execute-program. * posix.lisp (basename): Does not canonicalize path name. This turns out to be an unnecessary performance hit in some cases. (arglist-to-command-string): New function. Similar to what was removed from clisp-linux, but this one properly escapes all shell metacharacters. (execute-program): New function, calls shell-interpreter. (execute-program-xargs): New function. Takes two argument lists. Forms one or more command lines by combining the first argument list with one or more pieces of the second argument list, and executes each command. The length of the pieces is determined by the argument passing limit. * dirwalk.lisp (ensure-directories-gone): Add use of canonicalize-path because basename doesn't do it.
Algorithmic efficiency improvements. No longer using abstract set operations to update file structure or find duplicates in the maps. Could still streamline the sorting. * mapping.lisp (mapping-sort): Express more succinctly using key. (mapping-dupe-check): Rewrite using loop over sorted lists. (mapping-difference): New function for computing mapping change. (mapping-update): Modify to use mapping-difference.
* mapping.lisp (mapping-update): When moving files, ensure that the target is unlinked if it exists. * move.lisp (simple-rename): No longer do target unlinking here. Also bugfix: it wasn't handling renames of directories containing just one file.
* checkout.lisp (mcvs-checkout): Checkout also performs sanity check.
* mapping.lisp (mapping-dupe-check): New function for detecting duplicate objects or paths in a mapping. (mapping-sane-p): Function removed. (mapping-read): Use mapping-dupe-check to verify a map when asked by the sanity-check keyword. (mapping-update): Specify sanity check when reading MCVS/MAP.
* mcvs-main.lisp (mcvs): Use CLISP's exit function correctly to establish proper termination status.
* options.lisp (parse-opt): Correctly process long options with arguments. Argument is part of the string, separated by = symbol.
* mcvs-main.lisp (mcvs-execute): Parse command-specific options properly based on knowledge of each command's set of options. (parse-args): Function removed.
* options.lisp (parse-opt): When multiple options characters are bunched up into one argument, and one of them other than the last one takes an argument, then the remaining ones are considered to constitute a string which is an argument to that option. For instance -y32 means -y 32, not -y -3 -2, assuming that y is an option that requires an argument. Top level handler terminates by non-local exit back to mcvs function, rather than by calling (exit). * mcvs-main.lisp (mcvs-top-error-handler): Restructured to call (throw 'mcvs-exit t). (mcvs-execute): Ensure that NIL is returned by normal exit. (mcvs): Catches 'mcvs-exit throw, and calls (exit 0) or (exit 1) accordingly.
Renamed all ``filemap-'' functions to ``mapping-'' prefix. * mapping.lisp (filemap-generate-name, filemap-sort, filemap-extract-paths, filemap-lookup, filemap-prefix-lookup, filemap-prefix-matches, filemap-object-lookup, filemap-same-object-p, filemap-same-path-p, filemap-moved-p, filemap-rename-files, filemap-sane-p): Old names removed. (mapping-generate-name, mapping-sort, mapping-extract-paths, mapping-lookup, mapping-prefix-lookup, mapping-prefix-matches, mapping-object-lookup, mapping-same-object-p, mapping-same-path-p, mapping-moved-p, mapping-rename-files, mapping-sane-p): New names created. (mapping-read, mapping-write, mapping-synchronize, mapping-update): Edit calls to renamed functions. * add.lisp (mcvs-add): Likewise. * diff.lisp (mcvs-diff): Likewise. * filt.lisp (mcvs-filt): Likewise. * import.lisp (mcvs-import): Likewise. * move.lisp (simple-rename, simple-move-to-dir, move-guts): Likewise. * remove.lisp (mcvs-remove): Likewise.
Factored out repeated code for reading and writing of the MAP and MAP-LOCAL files. * mapping.lisp (mapping-read, mapping-write): New functions. (mapping-synchronize, mapping-update): Use new functions. * move.lisp (mcvs-move): Likewise. * filt.lisp (mcvs-filt): Likewise. * add.lisp (mcvs-add): Likewise. * remove.lisp (mcvs-remove): Likewise. * checkout.lisp (mcvs-checkout): Likewise. * diff.lisp (mcvs-diff): Likewise. * import.lisp (mcvs-import): Likewise.
MCVS is being renamed to Meta-CVS.
* move.lisp (move-guts): test the actual filesystem as well as the map for existence of a directory or file. This makes the move operation behave better. Files can be moved to an existing directory that is not known to MCVS, and a file can properly clobber a target file that is not known to MCVS. * clisp-linux.lisp (directory-p, regular-p, symlink-p): define methods for these generic functions for a NIL argument, such that they return NIL.
* move.lisp (simple-move-to-dir): eliminated a bunch of code with the result that mcvs mv now works more like the Unix mv when moving a directory to another directory. * mcvs-main.lisp (mcvs-execute): fix bogus error message when options are given but no command. * README: don't use -z3 in example because this style of specifying an argument to an option doesn't work.
Add "fi" shorthand for "filt".
* add.lisp (mcvs-add): Remove bogus test for NIL or T; allow recursivep to be a generalized boolean variable. This allows mcvs add -R to work properly. * mcvs-main.lisp (*cvs-command-options-arg*): add support for -u parameter, useful in cvs diff.
Bugfix for mcvs add -R.
This form allows you to request diffs between any two revisions of this file. For each of the two "sides" of the diff, select a symbolic revision name using the selection box, or choose 'Use Text Field' and enter a numeric revision.
|Powered by ViewVC 1.1.5|