Parent Directory | Revision Log
|Links to HEAD:||(view) (annotate)|
|Links to latest-patch:||(view) (annotate)|
* sync.lisp (synchronize-files): Return :dir symbol when either argument is a directory. * mapping.lisp (mapping-synchronize): Chatter output messages are shorter. Handles :dir return value from synchronize-files. (mapping-update): New sanity checks for moved and added files, to avoid clobbering local files. Removed redundant call to ensure-directories-exit in move logic, because synchronize-files will do it anyway. Chatter messages reordered to occur before their corresponding action is done. * mcvs-main.lisp (*mcvs-error-treatment*): Special variable can have new domain value, namely :decline. (mcvs-top-error-handler): Print error message when terminating non-restartable error. Handle new :decline treatment by simply returning. (mcvs-debug-shell): Set *mcvs-error-treatment* to :decline so that errors are caught by debugger.
* mapping.lisp (mapping-sort): Removed function. (mapping-write): Sort written map by F- file names, not by path names. This is far better for merging, because files stay in the same place when they are renamed.
Added status, log and annotate. * mcvs-main.lisp: (*log-options*, *status-options*, *annotate-options*): New constants. (*mcvs-command-table*): Add new entries. * generic-lisp (mcvs-log-wrapper, mcvs-status-wrapper, mcvs-annotate-wrapper): New functions.
Added tag command. * diff.lisp: File renamed to generic.lisp. (mcvs-diff): Function renamed to mcvs-generic. * generic.lisp (mcvs-generic): Function no longer dedicated to diffing only; takes CVS command to execute as an argument, also takes arguments and files as separate lists. (mcvs-diff-wrapper): Modified to invoke mcvs-generic properly. (mcvs-tag-wrapper): New function, uses mcvs-generic to implement tag command. * mcvs-main.lisp (*tag-options*): New constant. (*mcvs-command-table*): New entry for tag command.
Added workaround for operating system argument passing limitations, resembling the Unix xargs utility. Also, trimmed some fat from the basename function. * clisp-linux.lisp: (*argument-limit*): New constant added. (arglist-to-command-string): Function removed. (execute-program): Function removed. (shell-interpreter): New function, wrapper for CLISP's shell function, turns exit status into T (success) or NIL (failure). * diff.lisp (mcvs-diff): Uses execute-program-xargs instead of execute-program. * posix.lisp (basename): Does not canonicalize path name. This turns out to be an unnecessary performance hit in some cases. (arglist-to-command-string): New function. Similar to what was removed from clisp-linux, but this one properly escapes all shell metacharacters. (execute-program): New function, calls shell-interpreter. (execute-program-xargs): New function. Takes two argument lists. Forms one or more command lines by combining the first argument list with one or more pieces of the second argument list, and executes each command. The length of the pieces is determined by the argument passing limit. * dirwalk.lisp (ensure-directories-gone): Add use of canonicalize-path because basename doesn't do it.
Algorithmic efficiency improvements. No longer using abstract set operations to update file structure or find duplicates in the maps. Could still streamline the sorting. * mapping.lisp (mapping-sort): Express more succinctly using key. (mapping-dupe-check): Rewrite using loop over sorted lists. (mapping-difference): New function for computing mapping change. (mapping-update): Modify to use mapping-difference.
* mapping.lisp (mapping-update): When moving files, ensure that the target is unlinked if it exists. * move.lisp (simple-rename): No longer do target unlinking here. Also bugfix: it wasn't handling renames of directories containing just one file.
* checkout.lisp (mcvs-checkout): Checkout also performs sanity check.
* mapping.lisp (mapping-dupe-check): New function for detecting duplicate objects or paths in a mapping. (mapping-sane-p): Function removed. (mapping-read): Use mapping-dupe-check to verify a map when asked by the sanity-check keyword. (mapping-update): Specify sanity check when reading MCVS/MAP.
* mcvs-main.lisp (mcvs): Use CLISP's exit function correctly to establish proper termination status.
* options.lisp (parse-opt): Correctly process long options with arguments. Argument is part of the string, separated by = symbol.
* mcvs-main.lisp (mcvs-execute): Parse command-specific options properly based on knowledge of each command's set of options. (parse-args): Function removed.
* options.lisp (parse-opt): When multiple options characters are bunched up into one argument, and one of them other than the last one takes an argument, then the remaining ones are considered to constitute a string which is an argument to that option. For instance -y32 means -y 32, not -y -3 -2, assuming that y is an option that requires an argument. Top level handler terminates by non-local exit back to mcvs function, rather than by calling (exit). * mcvs-main.lisp (mcvs-top-error-handler): Restructured to call (throw 'mcvs-exit t). (mcvs-execute): Ensure that NIL is returned by normal exit. (mcvs): Catches 'mcvs-exit throw, and calls (exit 0) or (exit 1) accordingly.
Renamed all ``filemap-'' functions to ``mapping-'' prefix. * mapping.lisp (filemap-generate-name, filemap-sort, filemap-extract-paths, filemap-lookup, filemap-prefix-lookup, filemap-prefix-matches, filemap-object-lookup, filemap-same-object-p, filemap-same-path-p, filemap-moved-p, filemap-rename-files, filemap-sane-p): Old names removed. (mapping-generate-name, mapping-sort, mapping-extract-paths, mapping-lookup, mapping-prefix-lookup, mapping-prefix-matches, mapping-object-lookup, mapping-same-object-p, mapping-same-path-p, mapping-moved-p, mapping-rename-files, mapping-sane-p): New names created. (mapping-read, mapping-write, mapping-synchronize, mapping-update): Edit calls to renamed functions. * add.lisp (mcvs-add): Likewise. * diff.lisp (mcvs-diff): Likewise. * filt.lisp (mcvs-filt): Likewise. * import.lisp (mcvs-import): Likewise. * move.lisp (simple-rename, simple-move-to-dir, move-guts): Likewise. * remove.lisp (mcvs-remove): Likewise.
Factored out repeated code for reading and writing of the MAP and MAP-LOCAL files. * mapping.lisp (mapping-read, mapping-write): New functions. (mapping-synchronize, mapping-update): Use new functions. * move.lisp (mcvs-move): Likewise. * filt.lisp (mcvs-filt): Likewise. * add.lisp (mcvs-add): Likewise. * remove.lisp (mcvs-remove): Likewise. * checkout.lisp (mcvs-checkout): Likewise. * diff.lisp (mcvs-diff): Likewise. * import.lisp (mcvs-import): Likewise.
MCVS is being renamed to Meta-CVS.
* move.lisp (move-guts): test the actual filesystem as well as the map for existence of a directory or file. This makes the move operation behave better. Files can be moved to an existing directory that is not known to MCVS, and a file can properly clobber a target file that is not known to MCVS. * clisp-linux.lisp (directory-p, regular-p, symlink-p): define methods for these generic functions for a NIL argument, such that they return NIL.
* move.lisp (simple-move-to-dir): eliminated a bunch of code with the result that mcvs mv now works more like the Unix mv when moving a directory to another directory. * mcvs-main.lisp (mcvs-execute): fix bogus error message when options are given but no command. * README: don't use -z3 in example because this style of specifying an argument to an option doesn't work.
Add "fi" shorthand for "filt".
* add.lisp (mcvs-add): Remove bogus test for NIL or T; allow recursivep to be a generalized boolean variable. This allows mcvs add -R to work properly. * mcvs-main.lisp (*cvs-command-options-arg*): add support for -u parameter, useful in cvs diff.
Bugfix for mcvs add -R.
This form allows you to request diffs between any two revisions of this file. For each of the two "sides" of the diff, select a symbolic revision name using the selection box, or choose 'Use Text Field' and enter a numeric revision.
|Powered by ViewVC 1.1.5|