Parent Directory | Revision Log
|Links to HEAD:||(view) (annotate)|
Remove _N"" reader macro from docstrings when possible.
Merge intl-branch 2010-03-18 to HEAD. To build, you need to use boot-2010-02-1 as the bootstrap file. You should probably also use the new -P option for build.sh to generate and update the po files while building.
Restart internalization work. This new branch starts with code from the intl-branch on date 2010-02-12 18:00:00+0500. This version works and LANG=en@piglatin bin/lisp works (once the piglatin translation is added).
Mark translatable strings; regenerate cmucl.pot and cmucl.po
Add (intl:textdomain "cmucl") to the files to set the textdomain.
Remove package nicknames USER from COMMON-LISP-USER. Add a new package COMMON-LISP which LISP uses, so that COMMON-LISP no longer has the non-ANSI nickname LISP. To bootstrap, use boot13.lisp as target:bootstrap.lisp with pmai's build scripts, and do a full compile. * src/bootfiles/18e/boot13.lisp: Change for all the package changes. * src/code/exports.lisp: New package common-lisp, which lisp uses. * src/tools/worldload.lisp: * src/tools/setup.lisp: Use cl-user instead of user. Use lisp:: instead of cl::. * src/tools/worldcom.lisp: * src/tools/snapshot-update.lisp: * src/tools/pclcom.lisp: * src/tools/mk-lisp: * src/tools/hemcom.lisp: * src/tools/config.lisp: * src/tools/comcom.lisp: * src/tools/clxcom.lisp: * src/tools/clmcom.lisp: * src/pcl/defsys.lisp: * src/motif/lisp/initial.lisp: * src/interface/initial.lisp: * src/hemlock/lispmode.lisp (setup-lisp-mode): Use cl-user instead of user. * src/code/save.lisp (assert-user-package): * src/code/print.lisp (%with-standard-io-syntax): Find cl-user package instead of user. * src/code/package.lisp (package-locks-init): Add lisp. (package-init): Don't add user nickname to cl-user. * src/code/ntrace.lisp (*trace-encapsulate-package-names*): Add common-lisp. * src/code/hash.lisp (toplevel): * src/code/hash-new.lisp (toplevel): Use in-package :lisp instead of :common-lisp. * src/code/float-trap.lisp (sigfpe-handler): Don't qualify floating-point-inexact with ext:. * src/pcl/simple-streams/strategy.lisp (sc): * src/pcl/simple-streams/null.lisp (null-read-char): * src/pcl/simple-streams/internal.lisp (allocate-buffer) (free-buffer): * src/pcl/simple-streams/impl.lisp (%check, %read-line) (%peek-char, %read-byte): * src/pcl/simple-streams/file.lisp (open-file-stream) (device-close): * src/pcl/simple-streams/classes.lisp (simple-stream) (device-close): * src/pcl/macros.lisp (toplevel): * src/pcl/braid.lisp (lisp::sxhash-instance): * src/pcl/env.lisp (toplevel): * src/compiler/generic/objdef.lisp (symbol-hash): * src/code/stream.lisp (read-sequence, write-sequence): * src/code/macros.lisp (defmacro, deftype): * src/code/eval.lisp (interpreted-function): * src/code/defstruct.lisp (defstruct): * src/code/debug.lisp (debug-eval-print): Use lisp:: instead of cl::.
* src/pcl/macros.lisp (pcl-internal-function-name-p): New function. * src/pcl/boot.lisp (set-arg-info1): Use it instead of relying on valid-function-name-p to return nil as second value for PCL-internal functions.
* src/pcl/macros.lisp (/show): Ignore parameter.
- remove extra parenthesis
Code cleanup. Use EXTENSIONS package to reduce clutter. * src/pcl/defsys.lisp ("PCL", "WALKER"): Use ext. * src/pcl/pkg.lisp ("PCL", "WALKER"): Use ext. * src/pcl/*.lisp: Remove ext: prefixes. * src/pcl/low.lisp (symbolicate*): Renamed from symbolicate. * src/pcl/std-class.lisp (shared-initialize): * src/pcl/defs.lisp (get-built-in-class-symbol) (get-built-in-wrapper-symbol): * src/pcl/braid.lisp (initial-classes-and-wrappers) (bootstrap-meta-braid): Use symbolicate*. * src/pcl/macros.lisp (dolist-carefully): Removed. (true, false, zero): Moved to defclass.lisp. (printing-random-thing-internal): Removed. (printing-random-thing): Removed. (rassq): Removed. (*keyword-package*): Removed. (make-keyword): Removed; import from cl. (memq, delq, assq): Macros removed, import from ext. (get-declaration): Moved to boot.lisp, where it's used. * src/pcl/boot.lisp (get-declaration): Moved here from macros.lisp. * src/pcl/methods.lisp (named-object-print-function, print-object): * src/pcl/low.lisp (print-std-instance): * src/pcl/dfun.lisp (print-dfun-info): * src/pcl/cache.lisp (print-cache, print-wrapper): * src/pcl/boot.lisp (make-early-gf): Use print-unreadable-object instead of printing-random-thing. * src/pcl/defclass.lisp (true, false, zero): Moved here from macros.lisp. * src/pcl/methods.lisp (legal-qualifiers-p) (legal-specializers-p): Use dolist.
Return block names for PCL function names. From Eric Marsden. * src/pcl/macros.lisp (class-predicate, slot-accessor) <function names>: Return block names. * src/pcl/ctor.lisp (ctor) <function name>: Return a block name.
Fix TYPEP/SUBTYPEP problems with unfinalized and forward-referenced classes. * pcl/std-class.lisp (class-finalized-p): Method removed. (*allow-forward-referenced-classes-in-cpl-p*): New variable. (make-preliminary-layout): New function. (shared-initialize) <:after std-class>: Call make-preliminary-layout. (shared-initialize) <:after forward-referenced-class>: New method calling make-preliminary-layout. (shared-initialize) <:after structure-class>: Set finalized-p slot to true. (update-slots): Likewise. (shared-initialize) <:after condition-class>: Likewise. (inform-type-system-about-class): New method for forward-referenced classes. (class-has-a-forward-referenced-superclass-p): Moved to info.lisp. * pcl/cpl.lisp (compute-std-cpl-phase-1): Allow forward-referenced classes in the cpl if *allow-forward-referenced-classes-in-cpl-p* is true. * info.lisp (class-has-a-forward-referenced-superclass-p): Moved here from std-class.lisp. * pcl/cache.lisp (make-wrapper): Handle forward-referenced classes. * pcl/braid.lisp (bootstrap-initialize-class): Set the finalized-p slot. * pcl/defs.lisp (class): Add slot finalized-p. * pcl/rt/defclass.lisp (defclass-types.[0-5]) (defclass-forward-referenced-class.0): New tests. Misc fixes. * pcl/defclass.lisp (expand-defclass): Remove code papering over a potential compiler bug. * pcl/macros.lisp (find-class-cell-make-instance-function-keys): Removed. (setf find-class): Add errorp and environment parameters, call (setf kernel::find-class) if new-value is nil.
* bootfiles/18e/boot.lisp: Bootstrap files for the lisp:class = pcl:class part. To get it booted from 18e, cross-compile using boot1.lisp as bootstrap.lisp in pmai's build scripts, then do a normal compile with boot2.lisp as bootstrap.lisp with the resulting Lisp. * code/byte-interp.lisp, code/defstruct.lisp, code/describe.lisp: * code/error.lisp, code/exports.lisp, code/hash-new.lisp: * code/hash.lisp, code/macros.lisp, code/misc.lisp: * code/package.lisp, code/pred.lisp, code/sharpm.lisp, code/type.lisp: * compiler/dump.lisp, compiler/fndb.lisp, compiler/globaldb.lisp: * compiler/proclaim.lisp, compiler/typetran.lisp, compiler/xref.lisp: * compiler/generic/primtype.lisp, compiler/generic/vm-type.lisp: Changes for to use kernel::class etc. * code/class.lisp (toplevel): Shadow class, built-in-class etc. (class): Give it conc-name %class-. (toplevel) [#+bootstrap-lisp-class=pcl-class]: Define old accessors. (everywhere): Use new class accessors. * compiler/generic/vm-fndb.lisp (%make-instance): Change from unsafe to flushable and movable. * code/ntrace.lisp (expand-trace, untrace): Changes for method tracing. * code/profile.lisp (profile, profile-all, unprofile): Method profiling. * pcl/*.text, pcl/bench.lisp, pcl/extensions.lisp: * pcl/fast-init.lisp, pcl/precom1.lisp, pcl/precom4.lisp: * pcl/structure-class.lisp, pcl/user-instances.lisp: Removed. * tools/pclcom.lisp: Changes for my PCL and lisp:class = pcl::class.
* pkg.lisp: Some fixes of symbol names etc. * braid.lisp (no-applicable-method-error, no-next-method-error) (no-primary-method-error): Added -error suffix for ANSI. * env.lisp (describe-object): Don't print slots for condition classes. * pkg.lisp ("PCL"): Fix a typo in an export. * env.lisp (make-load-form): New method for classes. * macros.lisp (legal-class-name-p): Don't check for nil. DEFCLASS with nil as class name fails anyway because it tries to redefine standard type NIL. * braid.lisp (slot-initargs-from-structure-slotd): Make it a local function in ensure-non-standard-class.
* std-class.lisp (inform-type-system-about-class) (shared-initialize :after): New methods for condition-class. * macros.lisp (find-class-from-cell): Test both structure-type-p and condition-type-p. Use ensure-non-standard-class. * low.lisp (structure-type-p): Return false for conditions. (condition-type-p): New function. * env.lisp (coerce-to-pcl-class, make-instance, change-class) (frob): Remove methods specializing on kernel::class. * defs.lisp (specializer-from-type): Use ensure-non-standard-class. (condition-class): New metaclass. * cmucl-documentation.lisp (setf documentation): Test both structure-type-p and condition-type-p. * cache.lisp (wrapper-class*): Call ensure-non-standard-class. (raise-metatype): Handle condition-class. * braid.lisp (find-structure-class): Variable removed. (bootstrap-initialize-class): Add supplied-p parameter for the prototype because class null has a nil prototype. (ensure-non-standard-class): Renamed from find-structure-class. Handle conditions.
(legal-class-name-p): Allow keywords, forbid nil.
* methods.lisp (named-object-print-function, print-object): * defclass.lisp (make-top-level-form): Don't use capitalize-words. * macros.lisp (capitalize-words): Remove. * defclass.lisp (expand-defclass): Don't canonicalize class names.
*** empty log message ***
Patch by Gerd Moellmann to turn old-style into new-style eval-when's in the PCL code base.
Patch by Gerd Moellmann to remove unused functionality from macros.lisp.
Slightly frobbed patch from Gerd Moellmann that eliminates the function EXTRACT-DECLARATIONS in favour of SYSTEM:PARSE-BODY. This also removes the ability for macros to expand into declarations, which isn't allowed anymore by ANSI CL.
Huge patch by Gerd Moellmann that removes PCL::ITERATE and PCL::GATHER* in favor of normal CL constructs. In a similar vein to SBCL, this patch also replaces all uses of #'(lambda ...) by just (lambda ...), and removes now-dated looking quotes in front of self-evaluating objects, like keywords and t/nil. The patch has been slightly frobbed by me, to correct a couple of slight oversights, and make more effective use of the loop facility in a number of places.
Patch by Gerd Moellmann to remove PCL's variant of once-only, replacing it by the version already present in CMUCL.
Slightly mangled patch by Gerd Moellmann to remove PCL's own version of destructuring-bind in favour of the ANSI CL version already in CMUCL.
Mega commit to bring RELENG_18 branch in sync with HEAD in preparation for release tagging 18d.
Change toplevel PROCLAIMs to DECLAIMs.
This set of revisions brings the RELENG_18 branch up to HEAD in preparation for an 18c release.
Remove all #+ and #- conditionals from the source code. What is left is essentially Common Lisp except for explicit references to things in CMUCL specific packages.
Revision 1.12 for FIND-CLASS broke the PCL build process. This is a better fix (suggested by Douglas) in that FIND-CLASS-CELL as called from FIND-CLASS is not allowed to produce any side effects. This restores the build process and lets (find-class :x nil) => NIL as relied on by some codes.
fix find-class (when called with nil second arg) to be silent even if the supplied class name is invalid.
Further cleanup of the code now that the :SETF feature is assumed standard.
Add CMUCL style file-comments; from Peter Van Eynde.
This (huge) revision brings the RELENG_18 branch up to the current HEAD. Note code/unix-glib2.lisp not yet included -- not sure it is ready to go.
Fix a programming error that was flagged by Python unreachable code warning.
This set of changes enables the use of forward referenced classes in PCL. The problem was(is) that the wrapper object needed to connect the Lisp type system to PCL classes doesn't exist until the forward-referenced-class is defined. At that time all the subclasses of it are initialized and wrappers attached. In the meantime, the actual forward referenced class is an instance of pcl::forward-referenced-class and any subclasses are pcl class instances with most slots nil. The fix herein arranges for UPDATE-LISP-CLASS-LAYOUT to also set the lisp:class-name and use (setf lisp:find-class) to connect the new layout to the Lisp class system. An undesired consequence of this is that DEFCLASS can't return a valid class object unless all superclasses are defined. This shouldn't be a real problem as the classes can't be used in the intermediate state, but the HyperSpec says DEFCLASS returns a class object. We return a valid class object or NIL.
This commit brings the PCL repository up to release 17f and also includes the changes in the X86 1.03.7 kit. Although the 1.03.7 changes were already in the repository, the other files appear to be of early vintage and do not work with a 17f system. Hopefully all is correctly synched now.
Add defvar for *boot-state* since there are references in this file, and in particular it may be referenced at macroexpand time before defs is loaded.
Add special decl for *boot-state*.
In find-class compiler macro, don't do anything unless *boot-state* is braid or complete, since the class-cell system doesn't exist until then.
Add compiler-macro for pcl:find-class which does lookup at load-time when the name is a constant.
Changed printing-random-thing to use print-unreadable-object. Changed (setf find-class) to update lisp:find-class as well.
September-16-92-PCL-e has been incorporated into the CMUCL sources thanks to Rick Harris.
This is is March-92-PCL 2c
This is September 92 PCL.
Don't clobber DEFINE-COMPILER-MACRO, because we have it now.
This is July 92 PCL
This is March-92-PCL-2a.
Merged with latest PCL version.
*** empty log message ***
This form allows you to request diffs between any two revisions of this file. For each of the two "sides" of the diff, select a symbolic revision name using the selection box, or choose 'Use Text Field' and enter a numeric revision.
|Powered by ViewVC 1.1.5|