[slime-devel] SWANK-IO-PACAKGE being used amidst (slime-eval FORM ":cl")

Sean Champ schamp at commonwerx.org
Tue Sep 7 23:47:12 UTC 2004

Hello,

While trying to get slime to tell the repl to evaluate some common
lisp code, I had tried to use the emacs form:

 (slime-eval '(format t "ping ~d" 12) ":cl-user")

but, when I use this, sldb pops-up, with a message about:
  Error in KERNEL:%COERCE-TO-FUNCTION:  the function
  SWANK-IO-PACKAGE::FORMAT is undefined.

So, I am just wondering why the package named SWANK-IO-PACKAGE is
being used, as the package in which the REPL will evaluate the
slime-eval'd FORM - instead of slime-eval using the :cl-user package,
which was mentioned, also, in the call to slime-eval.

Thank you

--
Sean