[regex-coach] Groovy and Java Regular Expressions

Jeremy Rayner jeremy.rayner at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 11:45:04 UTC 2007

I've written a copy (call it a homage) of Regex Coach.

It allows you to play around with Java regular expressions,
as defined at http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/util/regex/Pattern.html
and I can run it on my Mac and debian boxes.

It implements only the _very basics_ of Edi Weitz wonderful
Regex Coach, allowing you to enter a regex and observe
the hilighted matches (including captured groups).

Obviously the original tool is much more functionally complete :-)

screenshot: http://javanicus.com/groovy/groovy-regex-coach.gif

You can download the full source from this link http://tinyurl.com/2bf8v9

And to run, install groovy:
  http://groovy.codehaus.org/Installing+Groovy

and use this at command line:
  groovy RegexCoach

Edi, I hope this homage is respectful of your excellent
tool which I use all the time when I have a windows box handy.

Cheers

Jez

--
Groovy Engineer                                          http://searchgroovy.org