progress on asdf-dependency-grovel

Robert Dodier robert.dodier at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 18:23:52 UTC 2022

On Fri, Dec 16, 2022 at 3:07 AM Faré <fahree at gmail.com> wrote:

> Or later. I recommend testing with the latest ASDF.

I tried a later version (3.2 or 3.3, I forget which) and adg fails to
load. I think I'll stick w/ the last known working version until I
sort out getting it to run ...

> This output doesn't help me. Are the files now visited by the perform
> method in order? It looks like that might be the case, but make sure.

I'll take a look to see in what order files are processed.

> If that still fails, rather than the asdf plumbing itself, can you
> identify if the dependency instrumentation is still working on the
> latest SBCL?

How would I determine if the dependency instrumentation is working? It
is not working in the sense that the known dependencies are not
detected -- do you mean something else?

> IIRC, adg relies on some low-level SBCL interfaces that
> might have bitrotten.

Okay, there is a warning about an internal SB-something function --
I'll look at whether the relevant code can be updated.

Thanks for your help,

Robert