Next steps

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Thu Nov 18 16:57:45 UTC 2021

What I meant is that ASDF does not "understand" that 20201015 is a
three-part version, whose first part is "2020" second is "10" and third
is "15".

So note that my example is "any version since October 2020." And yours
is "any version since October *fifteenth* 2020.

On 18 Nov 2021, at 10:53, Marco Antoniotti wrote:

> Why would ASDF not understand "version later than 20201015"?  I am
> perfectly fine with using the full 8 digit timestamp.
>
> MA
>
> On Thu, Nov 18, 2021 at 4:24 PM Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info>
> wrote:

>>> Yes. YYYYMMDD is currently a valid version string (assuming it's all
>>> digits). Whatever we choose will allow a superset of what's already