Next steps

Didier Verna didier at lrde.epita.fr
Wed Nov 17 17:24:36 UTC 2021

Stelian Ionescu wrote:

>> Mostly sounds good to me. Assuming you're still interested in more
>> expressive version numbers and constraints for 3.4, I'll work on moving
>> that off the back burner.
>
> Adding fine-grained version constraints would be a big mistake.

  I do not have the time to check this thoroughly right now, but I
  recall having suggested that ASDF shouldn't impose any constraints on
  version "numbers", but rather defer version comparison to libraries
  when they use a version numbering scheme that ASDF doesn't understand.
  This can be done by providing generic functions like version-> etc.,
  and letting people provide methods on them.

  There may even be an issue and a patch lurking around somewhere.
  Again, sorry for being fuzzy, this is just from the top of my head.

--
Resistance is futile. You will be jazzimilated.

Lisp, Jazz, Aïkido: http://www.didierverna.info