:initform vs. :default-initargs

Attila Lendvai attila at lendvai.name
Wed Dec 22 11:18:58 UTC 2021

dear list,

i wanted to set the default-component-class of our own system subclass using :default-initargs, but it's ignored because the slot has a :initform (as opposed to setting the default value using a :default-initargs entry).

in the current ASDF setup, i need to override the slot (or the accessor method), which involves messing with internal symbols.

if ASDF used :default-initargs then i could just override that using a :default-initargs entry on my own subclass (IIUC).

https://lisptips.com/post/11728375873/initform-and-default-initargs

i'm sending it for your consideration, it's not a pressing issue on my side.

- attila
PGP: 5D5F 45C7 DFCD 0A39