serious-condition

Robert P. Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Thu Jul 28 21:08:08 UTC 2016

On 7/28/16 Jul 28 -8:24 AM, Faré wrote:
> Dear Robert,
>
> instead of adding a *fatal-condition-exceptions*, I would much rather
> you use (and serious-condition #+clozure (not ccl:process-reset)) or
> something like that. You may have to add a case to match-condition-p
> to support lists as condition type specifiers.
>
> This probably applies to the other handler-bind places where you catch
> serious-condition, too. git grep serious-condition is your friend.
>
> —♯ƒ • François-René ÐVB Rideau •Reflection&Cybernethics• http://fare.tunes.org
> Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
> It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. — William Pitt, 1783

Thank you, Faré. This is an obvious improvement.

Question: shouldn't I add this as

(deftype FATAL-CONDITION ...)

and try to use that everywhere, instead of writing duplicate code
everywhere?  That would also solve the "lists in match-condition-p" problem.

I think the CCL folks agree that it was a mistake to make PROCESS-RESET
a SERIOUS-CONDITION, but we have to live with it.

Best,