[asdf-devel] Re: Mistake (?) in grammar of defsystem

Faré fare at tunes.org
Mon Feb 24 03:22:08 UTC 2014

On Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 11:38 AM, Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.net> wrote:

> Thanks.  This helps a lot.  Follow-up question: :if-feature really
> doesn't make sense at the system level, does it?  The grammar allows
> that, but it seems silly there.  Am I wrong about this?
>
> I will add an example of suggested use of :IF-FEATURE to the manual.

Actually, I hadn't thought of that, but the :if-feature might make
sense at the system level indeed.
For instance, sb-grovel and other sbcl extensions could be :if-feature :sbcl,
whereas my single-threaded-ccl could be :if-feature :ccl. Actually, I
just did that to the latter!

Please leave the State in the toilets where you found it.