[asdf-devel] One failure on ASDF 3.1.0.70 on Allegro/Windows

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.net
Tue Feb 25 16:38:01 UTC 2014

Dave Cooper wrote:

>     Please test again with the latest ASDF and tracing
>     uiop/run-program::%system with two colons.
>

> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19667598/asdf-failures/3.1.0.73/clisp-test.text
>
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19667598/asdf-failures/3.1.0.73/sbcl-test.text
>
> Also running both these again now from local Windows filesystem.

The SBCL test doesn't show any signs of Faré fixing this so that the directory components on windows are treated as case-INsensitive (test-utilities.script failed).

Hmmmm.... I don't see any change to uiop/pathname.lisp.  Faré, what's the right choice here?  Should we be changing the definition of =? in PATHNAME-EQUAL to use EQUALP instead of EQUAL on Windows?

This seems heuristically right, but absolutely wrong.  In the absolute case, we should somehow interrogate the filesystem to ask it whether filenames are case-sensitive or not.

Suggetion: we could hook this by calling a new function CASE-SENSITIVE-FILESYSTEM-P and using EQUAL or EQUALP according to the return value.  For now we butcher a check for windows into CASE-SENSITIVE-FILESYSTEM-P and leave it at that.  Later we try to do better.

What say?