[asdf-devel] Re: Another grammar question

Faré fare at tunes.org
Mon Feb 24 03:30:00 UTC 2014

On Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 12:11 PM, Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.net> wrote:
> The :REQUIRE directive seems undocumented.
>
> Under what circumstances is it acceptable?

If I remember the intent and interpret the source code correctly,
it is always acceptable, but highly non-portable, and is thus better
guarded by a
(:feature :sbcl (:require :sb-posix))
or
(:feature :ecl (:require :sockets))
or some such.

The result being that your component depends on a system that when
loaded calls (require name).

The college idealists who fill the ranks of the environmental movement seem
willing to do absolutely anything to save the biosphere, except take science
courses and learn something about it. — P.J. O'Rourke