[asdf-devel] Temporary FASL reconfiguration?

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.net
Tue Sep 3 22:30:05 UTC 2013

Zach Beane wrote:
> I'd like to change the output translations for a little while and then
> revert them to the previous configuration. Is that possible via the
> output translation configuration API?
>
> Zach

This seems not very kosher, but while the *OUTPUT-TRANSLATIONS* variable is not exported from ASDF proper, it is exported from ASDF/OUTPUT-TRANSLATIONS, so it should be substantially stable.

You could just push a copy of *OUTPUT-TRANSLATIONS* somewhere, clear the output translations, do stuff, and then pop the old definition.

You could even dynamically bind it, if there's some easily-delimited context in which you expect to work.

Cheers,