[asdf-devel] Loading pre-compiled fasls

Yellow Dog yellowdog967 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 13:01:45 UTC 2013

Hi François,

I tried out the binary-op and that works, the only thing I didn't like
about it is that dependent libraries must also be precompiled-systems.
The suggestion on creating my own operation seems like a little bit of
overkill for what I want to do.

Another possibility that occurred to me is to create a new file,
load-grovel.lisp that just falls (load) on the fasl directly and thus
bypasses the defsystem loader. The defsystem would list this file instead
of the grovel.lisp file. Cons are that I am modifying a third-party
library, but I think that's inevitable no matter which solution I choose.

Many Thanks for all of the suggestions! They were very helpful.

Kevin