[asdf-devel] Faster loading for deployed systems?

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 16:36:45 UTC 2012

> Basically, yes. I would state, though, that I want the ASDF to work
> like the primary contract of REQUIRE. That is, this clause from CLHS:
>
> require tests for the presence of the module-name in the list held by
> *modules*. If it is present, require immediately returns.
>
> I think that ASDF's default mode of grokking the filesystem for
> changes is what I want in a development environment.

Is this what you want?
Should I commit that (exporting the symbols) as asdf 2.20.22?

(in-package :asdf)
(defun component-loaded-p (c)
  (and (gethash 'load-op (component-operation-times (find-component c nil))) t))
(defun loaded-systems ()
  (remove-if-not 'component-loaded-p (registered-systems)))
(defun require-system (s)
  (load-system s :force-not (loaded-systems)))

> I really appreciate the responses and the new code to play with. That
> really is exceptional. I'll send some feedback later, hopefully today,
> but I have a message queue processing system to build and a web site
> to get up :(

Have fun!

You can only find happiness by striving towards something else.