[asdf-devel] logical pathname fixes

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Thu Apr 12 22:07:00 UTC 2012

On 4/12/12 Apr 12 -3:51 PM, Faré wrote:
> I added a more functional test for logical pathnames,
> and made a round of fixes for logical pathnames.
> Some things are still broken on CLISP and Allegro, but I blame the
> implementations
> (see test/test-logical-pathname.script for details).
>
> p-cos, janderson, pjb: I believe you are the three known users of
> logical pathnames.
> Can you test the latest ASDF in your respective setups? (currently 2.20.10).
>
> —♯ƒ • François-René ÐVB Rideau •Reflection&Cybernethics• http://fare.tunes.org
> Think you can, or think you can't — either way, you'll be right. — Henry Ford

I looked at that comment

Bug: Allegro Express 8.2 incorrectly reads #p"ASDF:" as relative.

I have a licensed copy of ACL 8.2 Mac OS X, which was updated w/in the
past, say, 3 weeks.  I see the following:

CL-USER> #p"ASDF:"
#P"ASDF:"

and when I look I see:

CL-USER> (describe *)
#P"ASDF:" is a structure of type LOGICAL-PATHNAME.  It has these slots:
 HOST               "ASDF"
 DEVICE             NIL
 DIRECTORY          NIL
 NAME               NIL
 TYPE               NIL
 VERSION            NIL
 NAMESTRING         NIL
 HASH               NIL
 DIR-NAMESTRING     NIL
 PLIST              NIL

Is that other than it should be?

Also, I see this:

    '(:source-registry (:tree #-allegro #p"ASDF:" #+allegro
#.(asdf::pathname-root #p"ASDF"))

Why do you omit the host marker when this is for allegro?

When I put the ":" in the pathname for Allegro, the test passes for me.

Cheers,