[asdf-devel] Pushed proposed fix for Xach's bug

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 15:18:06 UTC 2011

> OK, sorry about that.  I did the bin/bump-version, and pushed.
No problem. Thanks. Just be sure to bump-version before you push to master.

> As for pushing to master, while I am not perfectly confident in the
> patch, it passes all the tests, and I'm as confident as I can get
> without people on the bleeding edge giving it a test.

I looked at the code, it looks great.
I like how you implement those reinitialize-instance methods.

> believe only the SYSTEM objects will be reused, since once the children
> slot of the SYSTEM is cleared, the previous child COMPONENTs should
> become unreachable.

Maybe we could have made the whole thing simpler by only implementing
reinitialize-instance for SYSTEM objects?
But your approach is cleaner, in a way, so I wouldn't revise that.

> I understand you are busy with other things, but if you get a chance,
> LMK what you think.

Looks great to me.

BTW, if you have more time than I for ASDF, you might give a look to
Juanjo's latest patch for ECL...