[asdf-devel] Please test ASDF 2.017.6

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Mon Oct 3 13:13:20 UTC 2011

On 10/2/11 Oct 2 -3:50 PM, Faré wrote:
> I applied Juanjo's patch for testing with ecl-bytecmp. Only affect test files.
>
> Considering that there's been no action on the source code since last
> week, I propose that current version 2.017.6 is a pre-release for
> 2.018. Or maybe I'll call it 2.18 and loose the 0 which isn't very
> meaningful anymore?
>
> Please test thoroughly. I intend to make a release after one more week
> or two of inaction.
>
> So far, since 2.017: fix a component reuse bug noticed by Xach, and
> minor portability improvements with ECL, and minor testing
> improvements for ECL and SCL; everything relatively minor means we're
> slowly converging to something stable.
>
> —♯ƒ • François-René ÐVB Rideau •Reflection&Cybernethics• http://fare.tunes.org

Before we do our next release, I would like to see us grab the new tests
from the RUN-SHELL-COMMAND branch and push them in.  I don't think my
modifications work well enough that /they/ should be included, but I
think it would be very helpful if we were to have a way of telling which
implementations correctly handle stdout, stderr, and exit status.  Then
we can get the code for RUN-SHELL-COMMAND fixed if and where it is
needed.  Right now I don't think we have a good way of telling which
implementations support it.  It would also be helpful as a way of
getting information about how this stuff works on Windows since I don't
believe either you or I run Windows.

I am not a competent bash programmer, so I had to use perl in some cases
to get the tests in.  Probably someone who knows bash better could
replace my simple perl scripts with bash.

Cheers,