[asdf-devel] versioning [was Re: asdf verbosity]

dherring at tentpost.com dherring at tentpost.com
Thu Apr 28 15:55:52 UTC 2011

Faré wrote:
> NB: Meh, shouldn't have gone into this long defense. I somehow took
> dherring's remarks personally and don't have the guts to not post this
> reply after writing it. Please ignore.

I apologize for causing any stress.  I worry about "looking the gift horse
in the mouth" and was hoping to provide only helpful criticism.

To summarize my view,
- ASDF changes can be tricky, and the success of ASDF causes high visibility
- Recent changes have been good for ASDF with a few unintended consequences
- Please slow down the rate for pushing updates into SBCL, etc.  The new
upgrade features make it easier for end users to get what they need.
- Please keep up the good work and feel free to weight my feedback based
on my level of contribution (i.e. very, very low right now)

Thanks for your work,
Daniel