[asdf-devel] ASDF 2 questions

Didier Verna didier at lrde.epita.fr
Thu Sep 30 18:05:00 UTC 2010

Faré <fahree at gmail.com> wrote:

>> 5/ Finally, I would like confirmation that ASDF now handles outdated
>>   fasl's correctly, and we don't need to do the black magick
>> ourselves.
>>
> I'm not sure what you mean, so I'd say probably not. If you have
> "black magick" that you think should be part of ASDF, please submit it
> here, and/or as an ASDF bug on launchpad.

  Sorry for being too vague. For ASDF 1, I had a plug to automatically
recompile outdated fasls (I probably found it on the internet years ago;
don't remember):

        (defmethod asdf:perform :around
	    ((o asdf:load-op) (c asdf:cl-source-file))
	  (handler-case (call-next-method o c)
	    (#+sbcl sb-ext:invalid-fasl
		    #+cmu ext:invalid-fasl
		    #+allegro excl::file-incompatible-fasl-error
		    #+lispworks conditions:fasl-error
		    #-(or sbcl cmu allegro lispworks) error
		    ()
		    (asdf:perform (make-instance 'asdf:compile-op) c)
		    (call-next-method))))

... and I was wondering if ASDF 2 did something like this on its own.

Thanks !

--
Resistance is futile. You will be jazzimilated.

Scientific site:   http://www.lrde.epita.fr/~didier
Music (Jazz) site: http://www.didierverna.com