[asdf-devel] default source registry...

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 17:23:12 UTC 2010

Should we base our search path on the XDG Base Directory Specification?
 http://standards.freedesktop.org/basedir-spec/basedir-spec-latest.html
To the point of actually using getenv to get these search paths?

I say we should.

The default configuration files should be
$XDG_CONFIG_DIRS/common-lisp/source-registry.conf
$XDG_CONFIG_DIRS/common-lisp/source-registry.conf.d/

And the default search path should include
$XDG_DATA_DIRS/common-lisp/systems/
$XDG_DATA_DIRS/common-lisp/source//

The default cache path should be under
$XDG_CACHE_HOME/common-lisp/

Unless anyone objects, I'll implement that behavior and commit something like
ASDF 1.695.

Vision is the art of seeing what is invisible to others. — Jonathan Swift