[asdf-devel] I'm too busy right now to be able to do a good job with ASDF

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 16:37:40 UTC 2009

I volunteer for the commit bit. I won't do anything far-fetching with
ASDF, but I will

* merge the ECL patch
* accept contribs outside of asdf.lisp itself (e.g. for TEST-OP and DOC-OP).
* try to improve ASDF:
  * make it use a configuration file https://bugs.launchpad.net/asdf/+bug/485918
  * make it able to upgrade itself https://bugs.launchpad.net/asdf/+bug/485687
* try to keep asdf.lisp itself small and recommend that unnecesary
features should be put in contribs instead.
* probably not work on anything but the above, so other maintainers
with commit bit may be needed for these.

I promise not to commit anything to the official repository that isn't
positively reviewed by at least someone else on the list.

I promise to not commit anything that is negatively reviewed, unless
there's a rough consensus of positive reviews that says it should be
done nonetheless.

Good luck with your endeavours, and thanks for recognizing you don't
have time as a maintainer.

The people cannot delegate to government the power to do
anything which would be unlawful for them to do themselves.
        -- John Locke, "A Treatise Concerning Civil Government"